5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wire hanging below glove box

Rambunxs

Reaction score
Not sure where I should post this, but I just bought my truck last Wednesday and the next day (Thanksgiving) I found this wire/cable hanging down in the foot well of the passenger side. I didn't even have a passenger yet!
I've driven several hundred miles since then and it doesn't seem this wire affects anything that I can tell. The dealer can't look at it until this Wednesday, but maybe someone here can help me out.

Thanks!

Joe

Attachments

• Truck wire.JPG
    Truck wire.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 70

Rambunxs

Reaction score
2 wire? could it be for the footwell led?
Yes, it's a 2-wire. I have a foot well light on the driver's side, but I don't see a light on the passenger side. Is this correct?
I also do not have a fabric panel on the passenger side up under the dash. It seems like I'm missing this whole piece.

Last edited:

Rambunxs

Reaction score
UPDATE: I went to dealer this afternoon. I am indeed missing the whole panel where the foot well light would be mounted to, and the wire is the power supply to said light.
I asked the service personnel how they possible could have missed this when prepping the truck for delivery. They had no answer. They are ordering the part and I will have to make another appointment to have it installed.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
UPDATE: I went to dealer this afternoon. I am indeed missing the whole panel where the foot well light would be mounted to, and the wire is the power supply to said light.
I asked the service personnel how they possible could have missed this when prepping the truck for delivery. They had no answer. They are ordering the part and I will have to make another appointment to have it installed.
Is there an aftermarket antitheft device of any type? Dealers love to add them and charge handsomely for them, though they're pretty much useless with the smart fob keys. The guys that install alarms get paid pretty poorly and tend to rush things. They also get the vehicle after the PDI has been done. I had many "warranty" jobs that were caused by the alarm installer breaking plastic tabs on things.

That's how such a thing could have happened, and why they won;t say

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The question isn't how did they miss it when prepping the truck for delivery it is how did they (quality control) miss it at the factory before releasing the truck? I love my truck very much but I have a number of issues that boggle my mind as to how they passed through quality control. Some even have the blue chalk marks indicating they were inspected. Wtf? FCA hands down has the worst quality control of any vehicle manufacturer I’ve owned. It’s a shame given how nice the truck is.

Rambunxs

Reaction score
Is there an aftermarket antitheft device of any type? Dealers love to add them and charge handsomely for them, though they're pretty much useless with the smart fob keys. The guys that install alarms get paid pretty poorly and tend to rush things. They also get the vehicle after the PDI has been done. I had many "warranty" jobs that were caused by the alarm installer breaking plastic tabs on things.

That's how such a thing could have happened, and why they won;t say
No antitheft device on my truck. That scenario you describe is sounds like quite a sham, though!

Rambunxs

Reaction score
The question isn't how did they miss it when prepping the truck for delivery it is how did they (quality control) miss it at the factory before releasing the truck? I love my truck very much but I have a number of issues that boggle my mind as to how they passed through quality control. Some even have the blue chalk marks indicating they were inspected. Wtf? FCA hands down has the worst quality control of any vehicle manufacturer I’ve owned. It’s a shame given how nice the truck is.
I hate to think it was missed at the factory because it makes me worry what else they missed!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate to think it was missed at the factory because it makes me worry what else they missed!
I wouldn’t be shocked at all. One of my many QC failures was that all 4 of the sunroof drains were hanging out a few inches so they weren’t seated properly. All four had inspector chalk marks on them. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread