5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wipers sticking

badandyemt

Reaction score
Anyone have any problems with their wipers getting stuck mid-cycle on a partially dry windshield? I have a new truck for less than a week and had it out in the rain for the first time yesterday. During steady rain the wipers work fine but when the rain was slower, like when I would use an intermittent setting, the blades would stick on the windshield and not cycle. I had to pull over a few times and manually push them back down. I'm used to blades "chattering" sometimes, but I've never had then actually come to a complete stop. This is with both the rain sensing function on and off.

Thoughts? Will the wiper blades break in after a little use? Is there some sort of adjustment that could be made a the dealer? Am I just better off buying a set of aftermarket blades and seeing if that does the trick?

seadragon

Reaction score
What’s the tension like when you lift a wiper arm. Does it feel abnormally strong? Could also be an issue with the wiper motor perhaps.

badandyemt

Reaction score
What’s the tension like when you lift a wiper arm. Does it feel abnormally strong? Could also be an issue with the wiper motor perhaps.
Tension doesn’t feel abnormal but who knows. I’m at the dealership now getting it looked at. They tried to have me come in next week. I said um it’s kind of a safety issue, how about today? Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread