5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiper Blade Options

2021QCBH

Reaction score
Hey dudes, I’m traditionally very picky when it comes to blades and the factory ones have impressed me so far. The truck was in outdoor inventory for a while so the blades haven’t lived the best life. They have performed flawlessly.

I’m thinking of going back with factory due to the performance of these but wanted other options. Rain ex used to be my gold standard 6-8 years ago but I got a string of garbage sets and turned me away.

My 16 Silverado (yeah I went Chevy for a while and never will again) was awful to get a set of blades to not chatter and wipe cleanly. I ended up with a set of PIAA which lasted forever but had to have the windshield treated regularly to not stick/chatter. Even transferred them to my next truck they lasted so long.

Anyhow, thanks for any help/info.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I think the result delivered by a particular brand of wiper blades is dependent on the climate your live in. A blade that spends its life pushing rainwater will have it much easier than one also has to work through the ice and snow seasons of the north. Me being located in the great white north for a few months each year, the Bosh Icons have worked the best for me, they seem to last three years before showing signs of wearing out.

A clean windshield will greatly aid in the performance of a wiper blade. Don't be afraid to clay bar the windshield a few times a year to remove the grit that accumulates.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I just commented on this to my wife a couple days ago. The OEM wipers on my truck were great for the first year so I opted to replace them with another set direct from the dealer. The second set is now almost 3 years old and still performing very well so I'll be ordering another set of OEM's when needed.

Like other's, I've run every other brand with mixed results. Prior to these OEM, the Bosch Icons would have been my top pick also.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
I had mixed results with the icons on the Chevy. They had been good on other vehicles. Looks like I’ll likely go Mopar (used to love their standard wipers back in the day). I’d trade exceptional performance for shorter lifespan.

I’ve tried everything on my lady’s car and they all run about 8 months before they start streaking etc. Her car parks inside but she doesn’t wash it much ever.

Thanks for the info ! I think these wipers will make it through winter but I need to have something on deck to replace with when it’s time.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
got some Bosch Icon's about 5-6 months back and their starting to show signs of wear... i feel like the oem's blades held up a bit better.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Bosch is a good option. I was pleased with them for the most part.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I'm still on the original set of blades that are now over 2 years old.
I will most definitely be replacing with an OEM set, even if they are $40. Worth it.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Driving today and I noticed that my Wipers have the Bosch label on them so now I'm really confused.
Does Bosch make the OEM wipers or did I buy something different than I thought?
They look like Bosch Icons to me but Bosch makes quite a few specialty beams that all look similar at a glance.

RAM OEM Wiper = Bosch.jpg

Last edited:

Burnzie

Reaction score
Stupid question No 354: My truck has rain sensing wipers,can I replace with any blade or are they special. Not exactly positive how that works is it the wipers,the windshield, or ?,,,,, l do love that option though.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Stupid question No 354: My truck has rain sensing wipers,can I replace with any blade or are they special. Not exactly positive how that works is it the wipers,the windshield, or ?,,,,, l do love that option though.
Any blade will work.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OEM or Bosch Icons

The rain sensing is in the mirror/camera pod on the windshield.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any wipers you buy in a retail store are cheaper for a reason. I've had good luck with SilBlades on previous vehicles, but the last set I bought wasn't as good. They are a true silicone wiper blade that offers a 5 year warranty though. You have to buy direct from manufacturer to get the warranty

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
PIAA silicone blades.

Aquapel. It's permanent rainx, you just need to clean the everloving fark out of the windshield and other glass before you apply it. Apply it in the shade when it's cool, not during the day. Put it on, and use clean paper towels and buff it off, and keep going until it's all gone and no more streaking. Do your side windows and mirrors too, the applicator is enough for all of it, even if it looks dry, keep going.

enjoy 6+ months to a year or more of not even needing your wipers except for drizzle.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had my windshield ceramic coated the same time as my paint. Works great. Don't use wipers much in the rain.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You should try out Scrubblade wipers! They’re great, especially in conditions that normal ones can’t handle because they literally scrub the water/dirt/mud off. They have a nano graphite coating so they glide super smooth too. If you want to try them out you can use my code SKEEEET for 10% off too

SD Rebel

Reaction score
My factory wiper blades, which were almost 10 months old before I purchased my truck new, are now almost 4 years old and still working great.

I have never used a better working wiper blade on any vehicle and of any brand OEM or aftermarket than the ones on my truck. Even our new Toyota wipers blades, which are good, aren't as good as this OEM blades even 4 years old.

I will admit I live in a generally temperate zone, mild weather, and 99% of my wipers are doing is cleaning my windshield and not rain. But this applies to every wiper I've owned in the last few decades, and these are the best I've used so far. I will be buying another OEM set when those need replacing, and they don't yet.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My factory wiper blades, which were almost 10 months old before I purchased my truck new, are now over 3 years old and still working great.

I have never used a better working wiper blade on any vehicle and of any brand OEM or aftermarket than the ones on my truck.

I will admit I live in a generally temperate zone, mild weather, and 99% of my wipers are doing is cleaning my windshield and not rain. But this applies to every wiper I've owned in the last few decades, and these are the best I've used so far. I will be buying another OEM set when those need replacing, and they don't yet.
Dang you got lucky! Mine lasted about 2 years before they disintegrated, but they were never amazing. My wife’s accord’s blades blew my stock ones out of the water lol. I think the scrubblades were a big upgrade for my truck

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Dang you got lucky! Mine lasted about 2 years before they disintegrated, but they were never amazing. My wife’s accord’s blades blew my stock ones out of the water lol. I think the scrubblades were a big upgrade for my truck

I think I got some lucky magic ones, because they still impress me at 4 years old. And you are in San Diego too, so the wear at least in weather should be similar.

Users who are viewing this thread