5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiper Arm Gouging Hood

Big White RAM

Reaction score
If your concerned about paint match / factory durability, have the dealers body shop swap a good from one they have on the lot.

JimD007

Reaction score
I just noticed this thread and went out and looked at mine. I think both sides are the bent type (nuts seemed tight too).

GerryS

Reaction score
My passenger side wiper arm is the curved type. I wonder why they made two types. Perhaps they are just using the curved type now?
No word from the dealer yet...
Gerry

GerryS

Reaction score
Now that I know that the left and right wiper arms are different, I went back to the dealer to have mine swapped.
I took the service advisor out and showed him that the wiper arms are different. There was another truck parked next to mine for comparison. Then I told him to look at the maintenance history on my truck. They had taken it in for a water leak, and the body shop had a lot of front end parts off looking for the leak. I had visited the shop and they had the fender off and the wiper arms were laying on the floor of the truck. I told the service advisor that the body shop probably swapped the wiper arms.

Service advisor said, "Ahh, that makes sense now."
I told him that I would be happy with a spot repair rather than repaint and blending the front side of the truck if they would be willing to fix a small rock chip on the top of the hood. The gouge in the hood can't be seen from the top, and you wouldn't see it unless you looked for it anyway.
The service manager then took the truck to the body shop to show them what they did, and they agreed to fix it.

In the meantime, they replaced the scratched up wiper arm with the proper style arm. We see no reason to replace the passenger side wiper arm with the correct style, so now both of my wiper arms are the style with the bend in it. That way there is no chance of damage in the future if I need to replace a broken windshield or something.

I compared the "looseness" of my wiper arm post and found it to be consistent with other trucks on the lot, so I don't suspect any damage was done there.

Repair is scheduled for 5/26 and they'll have it for two days.

Gerry

Last edited:

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Seems like they are trying to make it right. Also seems like you had fair and reasonable expectations for the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online