5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Wheels???

Carnut12

Reaction score
I have a Limited with Air Suspension and 22” Wheels, I’m thinking living in New England I should get Winter Shoes, I’m thinking of buying someone’s 20” Takeoffs.

My quick question is will this be fine with the Air Suspension? I’m assuming so since that’s what the truck comes with stock, I wasn’t sure if they set it differently for the 22” wheels.

Thank you Everyone!!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Limited with Air Suspension and 22” Wheels, I’m thinking living in New England I should get Winter Shoes, I’m thinking of buying someone’s 20” Takeoffs.

My quick question is will this be fine with the Air Suspension? I’m assuming so since that’s what the truck comes with stock, I wasn’t sure if they set it differently for the 22” wheels.

Thank you Everyone!!!
The overall wheel/tire diameter is roughly the same, so I wouldn’t expect any fitment issues.

Carnut12

Reaction score
One other question has anyone been OK with the 22’s in the Winter? My wife’s Volvo does fine with 21’s but I was thinking 22’s might be pushing it.

Tundralag

Reaction score
One other question has anyone been OK with the 22’s in the Winter? My wife’s Volvo does fine with 21’s but I was thinking 22’s might be pushing it.
20’s would be cheaper and easier to find winter tires. I just put cooper ATS 3 4s on my longhorn. You know for those bad winters in Hellpaso when the temps dip into the 80’s

Helmetface

Reaction score
As someone who's lived in N.E. for a number of years, most of which I've driven a 4x4 truck...I don't personally think a set of winter shoes are necessary.

I've plowed, and worked in the snow. Been through Snowmageddon.

Everyone has their own level of comfort with slick terrain, but the only time I find myself in 4x4 is after getting stuck at low speeds.

A solid set of year round AT's go a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread