5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter wheels for my 6 bolt Ram will Silverado fit?

Canadian Ram

Reaction score
So my new Ram has 20" wheels with 6 bolt pattern. I run 17" winter tires on steel wheels, but of course the 5 bolt wheels I used on my old Ram wont fit.
It appears that that the bolt pattern 6x139.7 is the same as the Chevy Silverado which opens up a whole world of options for finding good used wheels. The centre bore for the Chev is 78.1 compared to the smaller Ram 77.8mm So I am assuming they will fit but is an adapter required? Anyone have any experience with using the Chev wheels on 5th Gen Ram?

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 17" part might be the killer, the wheel may hit the front calipers.
But I'm just guessing seeing as the rams come with an 18" at the smallest

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same issue here with my old Ram 5 bolt rims won’t fir my new truck.
The 17 inch rims will not fit, the rotors are bigger on the 5 generation Rams, biggest in the industry for 1/2 tons. I recently bought winter 18” Replica rims, after market Rebel rims look alike, the front callipers peeled off the weights on the inside of the rim, they will re-balance the wheels and place the weights at a different location.
About putting the chev rims on your truck, as far as the bore hole, it’s only 0.3mm bigger so just a c**t hair bigger, not a problem, if the rims are 18” I doubt they would fit, on top of all that, your Ram would have to take anti rejection drugs! To have chev parts on a Ram! Lol.

Last edited:

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
The 17" part might be the killer, the wheel may hit the front calipers.
But I'm just guessing seeing as the rams come with an 18" at the smallest

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
My 18" rims just clear the calipers. The stick on low profile weights hit the calipers.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/