5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter tires on Rebel

habfan

Reaction score
I purchased mine at quattrotires.com (Montreal). Cheapest anywhere I could find and free shipping.....I got the exact rebel 18" replica wheels in black with sensors with LT Blizzaks. there are a ton of options for wheels and winter rubber....just depends on what you want. 18's will be cheaper for sure.
Thanks for the reference, I was looking online at replicas, but I have sport (ya, i know, this is a Rebel sub) but i'm just looking at winter wheels and tires. :) and looking at getting tires 20 inch dm v2 at Costco, they are supposedly having a sale this weekend. Thanks again.

Last edited:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a set of aftermarket 20" rims with stock size Blizzak DM-V2 bought and installed at Discount Tire. They used ram tpms and they sync a few minutes after I make the switch each fall/spring. The duratracs or other M/S snow rated all season or AT tire will be good for snow traction but the dedicated winter tires LIke the Blizzaks are noticeably better at stopping and control on ice and cold dry pavement. Not a cheap upgrade but cheaper than a single accident requiring body work or resulting in an injury!

Last edited:

Charger68

Reaction score
I liked the duratracs so much last winter that i went and put hankook atms on aftermarket rims for summer use

marcinbike

Reaction score
Guys, will 295/60 R20 Tyre fit Rebel with air suspension? Any rubbing?
I'm looking for winter tyres ant this size is the only not smaller than stock that I found

thedream829

Reaction score
I got some replica alloys and sensors for the Blizzaks so I can just swap them out and keep the look. The LT’s are E rated vs the DM series. I ran DM on our SUV snd I think that they would be close in traction but I’d give the edge to the DM’s on that.

Do you have to do any reprogramming when switching out the wheel and tire combo?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have to do any reprogramming when switching out the wheel and tire combo?
No reprogramming if you use compatible tpms in the new set and keep the same outside diameter on tire. If you use non-ram tpms they may need to be programmed before install or cause issues. If you change outside diameter you'll need to Program the speedometer to be accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread