5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter tires and wheel combo, running 18" in place of stock 22" wheels

manshoon

Reaction score
What I have is a brand new 2019 Limited with the 22" wheels and I want to find a set of take off's the wont break the bank. I think I found a set of 18" new take offs and I was thinking of running those for the winter months and then use the 22" for summer months.

My only concern would be the computer or speedometer tweeking out over the change up ? If anyone has any input on what I might be able to expect, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Go look at tirerack.

Thinking you have 285/45R22 and going to replace with 275/65R18, I plugged those both in, then selected the one tire, and compared specs. 32.1 vs 32" diameter. That will vary some with rim widths and differing manufacturer and treads, but i doubt you'll have to do anything at all.

Damion

Reaction score
I went from the stock 20" 275/55/20 wheels and tires on my sport to a set of mopar 18" steel wheels ( tradesman wheels ) and 275/65/18 tires with TPMS sensors installed. My truck didn't notice a difference. The speedometer seems to still be spot on.

The ride and handling is a bit different but nothing too major

U

User_9089

I went from the stock 20" 275/55/20 wheels and tires on my sport to a set of mopar 18" steel wheels ( tradesman wheels ) and 275/65/18 tires with TPMS sensors installed. My truck didn't notice a difference. The speedometer seems to still be spot on.

Exactly, the tradesman wheels are super cheap, $80 each in Canada. The trade off is that they look pretty fugly. Speedo should be within 0.5% based on size so it's a wash.

Damion

Reaction score
Honestly the tradesman wheels aren't that horrible looking, I did spring the extra $15 ea for the centre caps which help with looks a lot.

I think all 4 wheels was handy 280 plus taxes, actually cheaper than all the aftermarket steelies I had priced.

sirbojangles

Reaction score

My stock wheels are 22's 285/45/22 on my sport, I did the exact same set of mopar steel wheels and tmps. No issues so far, just got them put on today.

Attachments

• IMG_2449.PNG
    IMG_2449.PNG
    208.6 KB · Views: 52
U

User_9089

Honestly the tradesman wheels aren't that horrible looking, I did spring the extra $15 ea for the centre caps which help with looks a lot.

I think all 4 wheels was handy 280 plus taxes, actually cheaper than all the aftermarket steelies I had priced.
I'm slowly getting used to it, have to remind myself that it is only for winter and the truck is going to look dirty and wintery for several months. Just a fact of life living where we get winter and salt.

I may go back to the dealer and price out the centre caps here in Canada for the added aesthetics.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Put me in the "me too" list - I'd LOVE a set of Rebel take-offs, or really any take-offs with the ORP Falkens on them. I priced out wheels/tires on tirerack and got close to $2,000. Ugh.

-John

Damion

Reaction score
The price I listed was Canadian dollars. Very reasonable and makes the truck look much better

U

User_9089

Damion, where you get that price? can you please provide a link for it?
Thx
I noticed in your avatar info you are in Kitchener. Just an FYI, if you are shopping for parts, don't assume that all dealer parts departments use the same prices. I've found that every single time I ask for a price, it is cheaper at Wendell Motors Kitchener and more expensive at Bustard Waterloo. No negotiating or questioning, not sure if Wendells is just pricing slightly below MSRP or if Bustard is selling above MSRP, it has been consistent though.

Damion

Reaction score
Damion, where you get that price? can you please provide a link for it?
Thx
From my dealer. They treat me very good with pricing. Even still they are worth buying for what little extra cost

MKEAT

Reaction score
What are the part numbers for the Tradesman wheels and center caps? I assume the lugnuts are common parts across all of the wheel trim levels?

Last edited:

Damion

Reaction score
I don’t have the part numbers but can get them Monday. I just used the lugnuts the truck came with.

Damion

Reaction score
What are the part numbers for the Tradesman wheels and center caps? I assume the lugnuts are common parts across all of the wheel trime levels?

Here’s the part numbers for the tradesman steel wheels / center caps
wheels - 5YD43S4AAC
caps - 6CW52S4AAA

hope that helps someone out

Users who are viewing this thread