5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Tires 22"

DarrinNYC77

Reaction score
I'm a nerd! As capable as many of our trucks are, when winter comes, there is NO substitute for a winter tire!! Note I didn't say SNOW tire. Winter tires are designed to perform well in many winter conditions, but of course, those vary widely. I've had amazing luck with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 winter tires. We don't get a ton of snow in Connecticut, and the VERY brief period I used these tires saw decent snow a couple times. I had 22" wheels, so these 285/45 R22 fit the bill perfectly. Sadly, I sold my Ram 1500 Limited, so someone gets to buy these tires than only have 200 miles on them. I am NUTS about safety, and this model has also been on two of my Range Rovers (also a relatively heavy vehicle). Remember, the only thing that sits between the road and your truck is four contact patches about the side of your hand! If anyone has ANY questions about tires in general I'm happy to help.

Thanks, Darrin

1.jpg

doolin64

Reaction score
How much? Where in CT are you, I'm interested. I agree, winter tires make a huge difference. Until you drive with them you don't realized.

DarrinNYC77

Reaction score
How much? Where in CT are you, I'm interested. I agree, winter tires make a huge difference. Until you drive with them you don't realized.
Another tire convert! :) I'm in Danbury, CT $800

Thx.
darrin

Users who are viewing this thread