5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Tire setup 2020 Ram Limited w/air 22"

supercanadian

Reaction score
I am looking to secure a set of winter tires/rims soon. I am guess 20" steel's would be the best fit, can someone confirm the bolt pattern? I believe it is 6x139 (6x5.5) bolt pattern. For ease of looking at used setups, do any other manufactures have the same pattern like chevy, Ford....etc.

I got a quote for 20" steel rims, some blizzaks and sensors was 2300 canadian......local discount store so pretty competitive. but yikes. Looking on the local marketplaces for used if possible.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Correct on the bolt pattern. I'm not quite sure about other manufacturers but they are 6 bolt, RAM was late to that party. The prices for wheels in Canada are ridiculous. Depending on which end of the country you are, Grizzly Trucks (Alberta) and WheelWiz (Quebec) have consistently been the cheapest I've found across the board. They also have price matching and free shipping to the lower 10 so they could be good options for you. I've browsed the marketplaces for used, called around to all the shops, and sat on my findings hoping for some kind of deal to pop up eventually. I ended up going with WheelWiz. The tires were shipped within 3 days to Edmonton, but I'm still waiting on the rims as they were on backorder (which I knew beforehand). All in, minus sensors (I have another set) was just over $1k. Huge difference from your $2300 for steelies and blizzaks.

I don't have an affiliation with either company. Just sharing my findings as I know how difficult the search can be.

redevil

Reaction score
Went with an 18" setup for my winters tires with Ram Rebel replica rims. Waiting for them to be shipped out to me this week. Found the cheapest place to order online with mount/balance/TPMS and shipped to the door was with PMC Tire. Didn't want to go 22" or 20" and liked the look of the Rebel replica rims. Total was about$1770 to Calgary and then there was a $50 Visa Card Rebate for the tires.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
Went with an 18" setup for my winters tires with Ram Rebel replica rims. Waiting for them to be shipped out to me this week. Found the cheapest place to order online with mount/balance/TPMS and shipped to the door was with PMC Tire. Didn't want to go 22" or 20" and liked the look of the Rebel replica rims. Total was about$1770 to Calgary and then there was a $50 Visa Card Rebate for the tires.
Link to the rims and tires you bought? Thanks

redevil

Reaction score

supercanadian

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I bought my Ram in January and only have 9k km....driving so little with covid...WFH....etc. I've always had snow tires but might hold off now. I normally replace the rims on my trucks and have about 10 taps open from custom offets for the past 7 months now...might just hold off and use that cash for some new rims for the summer.

Maybe just stick winter tires on the stock rims...but my guess is 22" snow tires will cost a fortune too lol.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I ended up going with the Rebel replica rims and General Tire Grabber Arctics. Entire package with black lug nuts was just over $1800 out the door from a local tire shop. I was able to pick up a set of OEM black Ram center caps that fit perfectly. The upgrade to the Rebel replicas was only $139+taxes (a no brainer).

Only drawback for me is now I'm starting to think I want to go with 18" rims and AT tires when spring rolls around. So much for able to resist the temptation to mod it. :p

Attachments

• PXL_20201115_190542778.jpg
    PXL_20201115_190542778.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread