5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

winter snow/ice tire

Snakes709

Reaction score
Have the happ 7 studded tires on my at4. I bought them used and almost done so the get up and go and braking can be lacking but holy **** the turning and lateral grip is amazing. I was able to rip down a gravel road covered in ice at 95kmh without a sweat. Taking tight turns is a breeze with those. Ill be ordering the 9’s next winter.

Roaddog359

Reaction score
How is the ride, noise, and handling if the roads were clear and dry? How about highway driving if there was no snow and ice? Sounds like they would be great in snow and Ice. I do a lot of highway driving back and forth to work 1.5 hrs each way mostly highway. most of my off time is around town under 50mph.

Portercycling250

Reaction score
Nokian are the best. I have the Hakk. 9SUV studded on my truck and are fantastic in snow ice conditions. Been using Nokian on all my vehicles since 2014. This is my first set of the studded and are amazing in the snow. There is noise but in my 2021 at highway speed and radio on not noticeable really in my opinion. https://www.nokiantyres.com/winter-tyres/nokian-hakkapeliitta-9/
This link above gives the specs and technology info.

Last edited:

Snakes709

Reaction score
How is the ride, noise, and handling if the roads were clear and dry? How about highway driving if there was no snow and ice? Sounds like they would be great in snow and Ice. I do a lot of highway driving back and forth to work 1.5 hrs each way mostly highway. most of my off time is around town under 50mph.

they are pretty noisy and rumbly on dry pavement. Still great traction though.

Roaddog359

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Now if I can only find a set of 4 extra rims to mount them on. I assume most of youn that use these tires have them on different rims or are you taking your regular driver tires off and on the rims as needed. And do I stick with the 22" rims on my limited or do I get a different size for these tires?

Portercycling250

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Now if I can only find a set of 4 extra rims to mount them on. I assume most of youn that use these tires have them on different rims or are you taking your regular driver tires off and on the rims as needed. And do I stick with the 22" rims on my limited or do I get a different size for these tires?
I think you need to get 20” rims. My hakk. Studded tires came in 20” max. Fortunately I have 20” stock rims on my Ram so just used my rims and switched them .

Snakes709

Reaction score
I dont think they make happs in 22”. And tge reason i got those tires is because i bought a second set of rims for winter tires. They just happen to have a set off happ 7 on them.

Rizzo27

Reaction score
Try looking at the Nokian Rotiiva AT in 285/45r22. Not a dedicated snow tire so you can run them all year. Still 3 peak rated. They get great reviews. They are what I'm going to switch to when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread