5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter blend fuel....in Florida?

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Long and short, I'm about to take the '22 Eco up from Florida to North Carolina in a few days and I'm likely to encounter some much colder weather than I'm used to.

Reading up, the most important thing I'll need is winter-blend Diesel to prevent gelling. Question is, are the various blends national or regional? Should I top off all 48-gallons before I leave Tampa, or should I wait until I'm further North to get a better winterized blend?

n8zcc

Reaction score
I've seen questions like this many times over the years and the answers are always the same, no one really knows but the fuel distributor. The best bet is to treat your fuel with an anti-gelling agent and carry on.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in NC and have never seen any station here advertise that they use winter blend, though maybe that's not something they'd do. I just use an anti-gel.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
I'll have to see. Got no problems with the truck coming up. Hotels, on the other hand...

Our plans changed several times on this trip. Hotel 1: Our entire town has no power. Hotel 2: A pipe burst and we are flooded. We diverted from Asheville to Charleston then onto Williamsburg because we were already on I-95 and we were familiar with both towns.

I did just manage to get my personal best mileage. Power mirrors in and drafting: 20221227_195024_HDR.jpg 20221227_195015_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in NC and have never seen any station here advertise that they use winter blend, though maybe that's not something they'd do. I just use an anti-gel.
It's usually not labeled as "winter blend". It's Diesel #1 or Diesel #2. #1 is the winter blend, but costs more. Pump should be labeled.

Users who are viewing this thread