5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield

60Vette

Reaction score
Thoughts please. My scenario: Bought a new 1500 on 7/23 but did not receive until 7/30 because there was damage to front bumper and passenger side body filler piece between bumper and fender. Was told the damage happened during shipment. They replaced the bumper but only filled in and painted the "plastic" filler piece, even though told it would be replaced, and paint does not match very well. Got them to sign a paper saying it would be replaced with a new piece. Hasn't happened yet!
On 8/7/20 there was morning dew on front window and noticed what appears to be three suction cup marks on windshield. Two on drivers side, one above the other, and one on passenger side. My question is does this look like the windshield has been replaced since vehicle was assembled or could these be from the actual assembly? Have never seen these on a new vehicle. Would like to know if the windshield was in fact replaced.
Also, went to one of the sights Mopar recommends for new vehicle owners and found "Maintenance Records for Ram Trucks Owners" and it lists "Repair Flat". The dealer said they did not know why it was listed on the site. Their explanation was maybe because the dealer fills the tires with nitrogen before vehicle leaves their lot.
I feel they should have told me of all damage this vehicle has incurred and be right up front. Obviously they are trying to skirt issues, not replacing "filler piece" as I was told and evading the "Repair Flat".
Thanks for your insight and responses.

jrsteeno

Reaction score
Thoughts please. My scenario: Bought a new 1500 on 7/23 but did not receive until 7/30 because there was damage to front bumper and passenger side body filler piece between bumper and fender. Was told the damage happened during shipment. They replaced the bumper but only filled in and painted the "plastic" filler piece, even though told it would be replaced, and paint does not match very well. Got them to sign a paper saying it would be replaced with a new piece. Hasn't happened yet!
On 8/7/20 there was morning dew on front window and noticed what appears to be three suction cup marks on windshield. Two on drivers side, one above the other, and one on passenger side. My question is does this look like the windshield has been replaced since vehicle was assembled or could these be from the actual assembly? Have never seen these on a new vehicle. Would like to know if the windshield was in fact replaced.
Also, went to one of the sights Mopar recommends for new vehicle owners and found "Maintenance Records for Ram Trucks Owners" and it lists "Repair Flat". The dealer said they did not know why it was listed on the site. Their explanation was maybe because the dealer fills the tires with nitrogen before vehicle leaves their lot.
I feel they should have told me of all damage this vehicle has incurred and be right up front. Obviously they are trying to skirt issues, not replacing "filler piece" as I was told and evading the "Repair Flat".
Thanks for your insight and responses.

Can’t speak to the other issues, but my week and a half old ‘20 1500 has the windshield suction cup marks as well. So did my ‘19 Charger Daytona.

Renegade3

Reaction score
My 1500 has the same windshield marks and it's about a month old. It's from the factory install....

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The new car prep guy at the sealership sucks if he left the glass install suction cup marks on the glass.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
also, just a thought...some parts have been waaaaaaay back ordered due to Covid. Possibly, the filler-piece is one of them, and the dealer had to make a choice, tell you it would be forever to get the part, or just repair it and hope you didn't notice.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lies are lies. I hate it when any business is deceptive and its even more flagrant when you are spending your hard earned money on such an expensive item like a vehicle. I would report this to the corporate HQ and I would tell them what you expect to be done and ask for a time frame for the items to be remedied. There is no excuse for this type of dealer behavior and its unacceptable. I would be so angry I might even ask for a replacement truck and let them keep the one that they damaged.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The new car prep guy at the sealership sucks if he left the glass install suction cup marks on the glass.

Not many dealers have good prep guys/teams, unfortunately. They talk up the final delivery as being their highest priority, but they aren't willing to pay good prep people, push them to go too fast, or some mixture of both.

Lies are lies. I hate it when any business is deceptive and its even more flagrant when you are spending your hard earned money on such an expensive item like a vehicle. I would report this to the corporate HQ and I would tell them what you expect to be done and ask for a time frame for the items to be remedied. There is no excuse for this type of dealer behavior and its unacceptable. I would be so angry I might even ask for a replacement truck and let them keep the one that they damaged.

Agreed. I'm not sure what the rules are in 60Vette's state, but some allow a week or two for new cars to be returned/cancelled, even if it isn't in the new car paperwork, if I recall correctly.

STR

Reaction score
The suction cup marks are factory... often even when a windshield appears to be clean, they’ll still appear with dew. Not a big deal. Also, there are different fillers pieces. The lower is just the matte black finish. The upper (under the headlight) has the body color finish. This piece will come unpainted, and will still have to be prepped and painted... If they had problems matching the finish the first time, I’d suspect the same results with the new piece. NOTE: You never mentioned the model and have no signature, so the above might not apply.
45E4AC0D-3D3E-4ED5-9362-6BA6D8CFAF1F.jpeg

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
yours they filled with nitrogen? Not mine and it is only a couple months old.

but I am glad as nitrogen is a waste. Unless u go and refill with it each time it needs to, otherwise if you use standard air then it is diluted

60Vette

Reaction score
The suction cup marks are factory... often even when a windshield appears to be clean, they’ll still appear with dew. Not a big deal. Also, there are different fillers pieces. The lower is just the matte black finish. The upper (under the headlight) has the body color finish. This piece will come unpainted, and will still have to be prepped and painted... If they had problems matching the finish the first time, I’d suspect the same results with the new piece. NOTE: You never mentioned the model and have no signature, so the above might not apply.
View attachment 65058
The piece in question is the one by the headlight on passenger side.

60Vette

Reaction score
Thanks for all replies. Really appreciate your input and knowledge.

falconer

Reaction score
My 2019 original windshield had suction cup marks as well. I got hit by a rock at about 300 miles, resulting in two-foot long horizontal crack just below the wipers. The new OEM replacement had no marks, but that was done by Satellite.

Users who are viewing this thread