5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windshield wipers???

kittyjo

Reaction score
these wipers didnt even last 4 months!!!?? any recommended good ones out there?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
these wipers didnt even last 4 months!!!?? any recommended good ones out there?

Depends on how long and what kind of weather they've been exposed to... 6K miles and mine are fine.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Depends on how long and what kind of weather they've been exposed to... 6K miles and mine are fine.
snow and lots of rain. Rain-x is not that good either had them before and wont last more than 6 months,

RebelMike

Reaction score
I have been using Michelin Stealth XT's on my vehicles, and have been very happy with them.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Online advice
Wiper
blades should be replaced every six months to a year or as soon as you notice a difference in driving visibility.When wiper blades no longer make proper contact with the windshield surface, they can begin to squeak, chatter, skip, smear or streak reducing driving visibility.

Kind of like your 9 volt smoke detector battery. If you still have this style detector and change it when you do your clocks now is the time.
Another option is replace the detector
With the new 10 year model

79 300

Reaction score
Bosch Icons. I haven't found anything better.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've actually been pretty impressed with the stock blades. It's been almost 10 months and 11,000 miles and they are still not streaking or making noise and we've had one the wettest years on record so far. I'm just curious what brand they use as I usually run the Bosch Icons.

M

MJB4450

I highly recommend Trico wiper blades. Never had a problem with them, don't squeak, last a long time. I also recommend using RainX water repellent so that you won't even need the wipers when driving at 40 mph or above.

Firebird

Reaction score
Almost 8000 on my original blades and they perform perfectly. I got 4 years out of the stock blades on our 300S

M

Mdegen93

Bosch icon. But mine are going on 10 months and through a Canadian winter and are just starting to go.

FlyMike

Reaction score
I used the PIAA Super Silicone wipers on my wife's car last time I replaced them and was impressed. I'll probably be using them on my Ram when it's time.

Users who are viewing this thread