5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wipers...

Conch007

Reaction score
Anybody have good recommendations on new ones the oem have finally wore out and need some new ones. Thanks in advance!!!
I can tell you that the blades that come on these DT’s are ****. The ones on my 17 went about 2 years before needing to be replaced however these haven’t even made it a full year I called to price just the part at ram they wanted 28.00 plus tax not for a pair but each individual wiper. Not worth 60.00 in my opinion they fall apart too fast gues it’s time to go check out these bosh wipers I keep hearing so much about

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't waste your $60 going to the dealership. Bosch Icons are the same price and won't disappoint.

I bought Bosch's new Focus blades and am disappointed, especially since they are a tad more expensive than Icons. I could have gotten (almost) the same results from Tricos for 1/2 the price. Once these are done I'm going back to Icons.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bought Michelin wipers at Costco for $8.99/wiper, seem good to me, just put them on last week. Also purchased Bosch Icon from Tire Rack for $19.80/wiper have not tried it yet as the Costco Michelin seem fine for now. It took a few days for Tire Rack to be delivered.

Update 3/12/22, No complaints for the Costco wipers. Kept OEM on passenger side and Costco on driver, held up well. Recently replaced with the Bosch Icon. Have not taken special awareness of Icons yet but I'm sure if there was any problem I would have removed them.

Last edited:

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I ended up going with Michelin Endurance XT Advanced Silicone and I purchased 3 sets for my cars. I've finally got what I paid for. They are outstanding. They have a 2 year warranty, however they are know to last 6 years.
Proof Positive:

Kooch80

Reaction score
I have used the icon's and NAPA brand in the past. Currently using the Michelin mentioned above and like them

Maconi

Reaction score
I ended up going with Michelin Endurance XT Advanced Silicone and I purchased 3 sets for my cars. I've finally got what I paid for. They are outstanding. They have a 2 year warranty, however they are know to last 6 years.
Proof Positive:

I was just about to post Project Farm. One of the best YouTube channels ever lol.

Maconi

Reaction score
Proof Positive:
He actually just posted a new one today. Good timing.

BowDown

Reaction score
Bought Michelin wipers at Costco for $8.99/wiper, seem good to me, just put them on last week. Also purchased Bosch Icon from Tire Rack for $19.80/wiper have not tried it yet as the Costco Michelin seem fine for now. It took a few days for Tire Rack to be delivered.

I agree and the same as I've bought. The factory ones are OK but skip or jump across the windshield in auto mode and I end up turning them off. I've bought the ones from costco multiple times and they are fine esp for $9 ea

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I will say, I have been pleasantly surprised by my factory ones, they have been great and still work well, and have been on the truck since 2019 when it was built.

Of course I live in a temperate climate, rarely rains and my truck is generally under some sort of cover, but still impressive for factory blades.

Will likely go with Bosch Icons when it does come time to replace.

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
I've tried a few in the past and the Bosch Icons are on the ladies car, I still prefer my PIAA super silicones over all others. They've always worked the best for me and that's going through winters with them as well.

fliptide

Reaction score
I'm in the minority here but I don't like Bosch ICON wipers. I've bought them twice for different vehicles and ended up tossing them after a few months. For me they always left streaks and didn't sit well on the windshield. I started going back to OEM on all my vehicles and have been happier. The heat here eats them up so I change them once a year out of habit.
I am with you on this. On my last truck oem lasted 2 years. Bought into the icon hype on the next 2 sets. Both sets were toast after 6 months. Never again for me.

U

User_34235

I second/third the Bosch Icons.....I have them on all three of my vehicles and are by far the best I have ever used. Replaced the OWM ones within weeks of buying the truck with no regrets.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve tried pretty much all of them. I’ve got the duralast brand on now. Been a few months and they are starting to make noise and streak. Every kind I try does this. Even the rain x silicone.

Users who are viewing this thread