5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wipers...

kittyjo

Reaction score
Anybody have good recommendations on new ones the oem have finally wore out and need some new ones. Thanks in advance!!!

ramhead

Reaction score
I've found the cheap azzed ones are horrible....a case of you get what you pay for. They streak or have spotty coverage and/or chatter on the windshield. They also don't last very long due to the low quality materials used. Stay away from the budget ones and grab something like the Bosch Icons...pricey but the best I've ever used on my other vehs. (and will use them when I need to replace on my truck).

kittyjo

Reaction score
I've found the cheap azzed ones are horrible....a case of you get what you pay for. They streak or have spotty coverage and/or chatter on the windshield. They also don't last very long due to the low quality materials used. Stay away from the budget ones and grab something like the Bosch Icons...pricey but the best I've ever used on my other vehs. (and will use them when I need to replace on my truck).
Ya I might try the Bosch ones but I have to get other windshield wipers for different cars and trucks so. I guess I will experiment with different ones

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What 79 300 said. I've been running Bosch Icons for years and love them but they are by no means in the budget category for wiper blades.

That being said the wiper blades from the factory are terrible. I though I could wait them out until they were done but at 12K miles I couldn't take it any more. I went to go get some Icons and came across Bosch's newest model...the Focus. Similar to the Icon but a little different and focus on night clarity. I've only had them on a few of days but any time I've used them so far they have been streak free and no chatter (even if the windshield is dry)...just like my Icons were.

If you are looking for something less expensive I would not hesitate to go with a mid-range blade from Bosch. I've not used them but Bosch makes a quality product IMO.

Mike504

Reaction score
Anybody have good recommendations on new ones the oem have finally wore out and need some new ones. Thanks in advance!!!
I've used Bosch and rain x, both work pretty well and seem to last quite a while.

ponypride

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to make the automatic work. Mine are not working. Is there a U Connect setting for this?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I third or forth the Bosch Icon recommendations, best wipers for the dollar.

dacm99

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to make the automatic work. Mine are not working. Is there a U Connect setting for this?
Yes, it’s in the settings, wipers. Once set to on I leave the wiper physical control on intermittent on position. The owners manual details how to operate the auto wipers.

79 300

Reaction score
I don't have them, but on my wife's Grand Cherokee the headlight switch must be in "auto" and the wiper switch must be turned on, in the intermittent range, then the wipers come on automatically.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Ended up getting new OE wipers hope these last a year like the first ones did.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I'm in the minority here but I don't like Bosch ICON wipers. I've bought them twice for different vehicles and ended up tossing them after a few months. For me they always left streaks and didn't sit well on the windshield. I started going back to OEM on all my vehicles and have been happier. The heat here eats them up so I change them once a year out of habit.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
I tried Bosch on my 14 Limited, switched back to OEM and was much happier. OEM on the 17 never had a problem. OEM on the 19 seem just dandy.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What 79 300 said. I've been running Bosch Icons for years and love them but they are by no means in the budget category for wiper blades.

That being said the wiper blades from the factory are terrible. I though I could wait them out until they were done but at 12K miles I couldn't take it any more. I went to go get some Icons and came across Bosch's newest model...the Focus. Similar to the Icon but a little different and focus on night clarity. I've only had them on a few of days but any time I've used them so far they have been streak free and no chatter (even if the windshield is dry)...just like my Icons were.

If you are looking for something less expensive I would not hesitate to go with a mid-range blade from Bosch. I've not used them but Bosch makes a quality product IMO.
I agree that the stock wipers completely suck. I will likely change to something better soon. Never heard of or seen the Bosch but I will look into them.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Appreciate it. I will see what the local auto parts stores carry, I closed my Amazon account recently, was getting too many spam emails based on searches or purchases. Maybe it wasn't them however it was too much of a coincidence. Bezos can take his new playtoy and jump in a lake.

ramhead

Reaction score
Appreciate it. I will see what the local auto parts stores carry, I closed my Amazon account recently, was getting too many spam emails based on searches or purchases. Maybe it wasn't them however it was too much of a coincidence. Bezos can take his new playtoy and jump in a lake.

That was just a link for convenience...many other places have them, Pepboys, Advance, Autozone, etc...even Walmart.

Mike203342

Reaction score
Botch icons not even a second Choice by far the best wipers I've ever used and will not use another one ever, the icons and there upgrades night version evolution are the 2 best you can get.. I run on my mazda 6 and my 2019 ram 1500

Users who are viewing this thread