5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Wipers suck.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't hate them but I expected more. Skipping windshield wipers are a huge peeve to me, the Peaks at Sams worked fine but I stupidly got caught up in windshield wiper hype vs using what I know hasn't been a problem
No Sam's Club where I live. Your link is asking me to select a club to even show a price LOL.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I don't hate them but I expected more. Skipping windshield wipers are a huge peeve to me, the Peaks at Sams worked fine but I stupidly got caught up in windshield wiper hype vs using what I know hasn't been a problem
Did you notice that in the reviews, most gave the Peak's a 1 star rating.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you notice that in the reviews, most gave the Peak's a 1 star rating.

I learned along time ago not to trust peoples reviews as very few people have a valid understanding of what the product is supposed to do or a realistic expectation. Case in point, I used those wipers (Sam's club Peak) on my previous Ram with very good success and on my wifes car as well as a friends mustang which is counter to the reviews

Example:
★★★★★★★★★★1 out of 5 stars.
Tundra Driver
· 4 months ago

Will Never Buy Peak Blades Again​

The instructions for these blades consist of 34 grainy, black and white images printed in the back of the long, narrow package. The images are smaller than 1” square. The blades come with 5 different adapters. It’s nearly impossible to decipher which adapter goes to which arm type. Look at the comments their instructional YouTube video. No one can figure out how to install these on anything other than a J hook. I ended up throwing these in the garbage and buying the RainX brand. I will never consider buying a Peak product again. To Peak: Please spend the extra .03 and print an enlarged paper instruction manual included inside the package.
Waste of money!!!

His review has credibility why?

In comparison, the same wiper on Amazon has 4.4 star reviews

Hell, if I relied on reviews, I wouldn't have bought a 5th gen Ram, look at this forum..HK sucks, Etorque sucks, trans sucks, lifters suck, hemi sucks, goodyear tires suck, AC sucks, 12" uconnect sucks, paint sucks.....

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still have factory wipers on my truck. Almost one year of ownership. No issues. I do have my windshield ceramic coated though. And as others have said, don't use my wipers much as the water just rolls right off.

dandar

Reaction score
Used my $12 BJ's RainX wipers yesterday for the first time and they were perfect so far. Quiet and left no streaks as oppesed to the Michelins or the noisy stock wipers that came with the truck. I'll stay with these for now.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I never experienced anything close to what you describe.
At the time of my purchase Project Farm made it easier.

I go check PF before buying anything these days. Bought the jumper pack he recommended, charged it and put it in the truck. 5 months later my son's battery died at the car wash. AAA was a 90 minute wait. I drove over and hooked everything up and his car started right up. He now has a new battery and a gooloo jump starter. PF is a great resource.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I learned along time ago not to trust peoples reviews as very few people have a valid understanding of what the product is supposed to do or a realistic expectation.
I agree with that. You come across some that have a reasonable explanation for the rating but then you get the 1-star rating because it was broken in shipment (but replaced and works fine) or the description specifically states "works on 'X' but not on 'Y'" and the review is that the part is garbage because they have 'Y' and the part doesn't fit (when it specifically stated that it won't fit on 'Y').

TheBattman

Reaction score
My factory wipers lasted 2 years. I bought a set of rainx and they have been junk since day one. They streak and the driver blade skips on the bottom. Sent them an email and they never responded

Indeed, RainX are horrid. 3 months and began chattering. 6 months and streaking. And they have zero customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread