5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wiper replacement?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea, oem wipers are more slim looking. How they working so far? Mine usually last about 6 months. Not changing them as frequently

There on standby, it's the rainy season here and I'm trying to get the last once of life out of one's on now. Looks like they'll be fine tho

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I finally changed out my originally OEM just recently, that's over 4 years, and they were still clearing my windshield almost spotless, just that the passenger side top edge of the blade was separating so I decided to finally get a fresh pair.

I live in a nearly rain free part of the country (until recently) and really only use my blades to clean my windshield, but still, in my nearly 30 years of driving, these could be the best pair of wiper blades I've ever seen in terms of performance and durability. I typically have to replace after 2 years or less on any other vehicles I've owned.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I finally changed out my originally OEM just recently, that's over 4 years, and they were still clearing my windshield almost spotless, just that the passenger side top edge of the blade was separating so I decided to finally get a fresh pair.

I live in a nearly rain free part of the country (until recently) and really only use my blades to clean my windshield, but still, in my nearly 30 years of driving, these could be the best pair of wiper blades I've ever seen in terms of performance and durability. I typically have to replace after 2 years or less on any other vehicles I've owned.
OEM sometimes make the best blades.
Best I have ever had was my 2012 Camaro. I always used the OEM GM and they were like $12 a pair from bulk dealership sellers on ebay. Better than any aftermarkets I have used which I found very odd.

The Ram's work, nothing special but they don't need to do much.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I bought these after @theblet's recommendation. I kept my OEM blades and installed the refills in them. I prefer the OEM wipers because the j-hook mount is much slimmer and does protrude up as high as aftermarket blades
What refills have you used?

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. These have worked best for me and have lasted (non-streaking) longest. Helps to have RainX as your windshield washer fluid as well - once I'm above 55mph I don't even need my wipers in regular (non-downpour) rain.

I used Rain-X in my previous Ram and it fouled up the wiper fluid sensor. I would get the wiper fluid light on my dash and the only way to get rid of it was to change the sensor. Did that twice and decided to just use the regular stuff. The dealer service manager said it happens all the time and changed out one sensor for me under warranty. It caused the same problem in my wife's VW Passat and VW Tiguan. No one else has had that issue?

BowDown

Reaction score
I used Rain-X in my previous Ram and it fouled up the wiper fluid sensor. I would get the wiper fluid light on my dash and the only way to get rid of it was to change the sensor. Did that twice and decided to just use the regular stuff. The dealer service manager said it happens all the time and changed out one sensor for me under warranty. It caused the same problem in my wife's VW Passat and VW Tiguan. No one else has had that issue?

Doubt that was it, I use rain-x and have since new and that hasn't happened.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Never in my life

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never......yet and been running for years.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Nope, never once in over 20 years of using it.

Oldphart

Reaction score
Been using Bosch Icon's. The last set lasted 1.5 years which is great here in Southeast Texas. Between the rain, tree pollen and these damn black bugs that excrete some sort of sticky liquid the cheaper ones are junk after 2-3 months. I have a 2021 which calls for 24" blades. Did they change the size somewhere during production?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I've had issues with Rain-X creating a snotty white slime that eventually clogs the screen at the pump. It was explained to me that Rain-X does not react well with other brands of solvent. Since Rain--X was not always available when I needed fluid or when the service department topped off my reservoir, the best solution was to stop using Rain-X.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i use scrublade as Corey (5thgen.ram) uses since it's been two years and my windshield was probably contaminated from factory with grease and stuff. Figured it's better to start fresh. since i go off pavement and always run tailgunner I'm always eating dust, figured something designed to be more heavy duty will help.
So far so good they do scrub my windshield clean! (also helps that I got replacement windshield because the OE one cracked from a chip after I had it polished clean of contamination LOL).

For refills I use those concentrated Porsche green refills and dilute them for cleaning out bugs, grimes, and other things that attach themselves to my windshield when going on long trips. No complains from that either.

Combee1

Reaction score
Those of you who are using Bosch Icons... the Bosch and Advance Auto websites state that the Icons do not fit my 2019 1500? Did any of you have fitment issues?

79 300

Reaction score
hose of you who are using Bosch Icons... the Bosch and Advance Auto websites state that the Icons do not fit my 2019 1500? Did any of you have fitment i

Those of you who are using Bosch Icons... the Bosch and Advance Auto websites state that the Icons do not fit my 2019 1500? Did any of you have fitment issues?
I ran them on my 2019 and they fit fine.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope I only ever replaced with Bosch Icon on any of my Mopars since they just seem to work and go and last a pretty decent time. No fitment issues.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just replaced the original factory blades at 9500 miles with the $14 Vtogoi blades from Amazon and they seem to work good.

I've noticed there is a considerable variance in when different people think it's time to replace the blade. Some will change them when there is even a tiny visible streak anywhere in the path of the blade and others will let them go until until they have to lean over and look out the passenger side of the window. I tend get annoyed as when any visible streak in the path of the driver blade. If cleaning the blade does not resolve the issue, I change them.

Users who are viewing this thread