5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wiper replacement?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
All you guys running 22" blades, book in store called for 24" for my '20 Ram, so that's what I bought.
When I got home one box must have been a return and had a 26" blade inside. I mounted them, 24" on pass, 26" on drive, work fine and don't hit anything.
ymmv.....
Whatever works for you.
I'm still using oem but as long as they aren't sliding off the glass or hitting when stopped it should be fine. It's not like they criss cross like small car wipers.

John Galt

Reaction score
Whatever Costco has.

cheap + replace often is better than expensive + keep until they’re falling off In this case.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use F-11 wax/sealer on my windshield and hardly needs wipers at all unless it rains really hard!

UnclJim

Reaction score
Just put on Bosch Icons only blades ive used since they came out. Holy crap do they chatter going back to factory

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought some blades 2 days ago. I had to get them because the OEM passenger side had a chunk missing out of it. Kinda sucks because I've never used them in the rain, only when using wiper fluid to clean the windshield. I picked up some Bosch Evolution because the icons were out of stock and I had some Autozone rewards to use up. Once these are gone, I;ll go back to the cheapo's if I'm still living in AZ where the sun kills them before usage does.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I get the aero wipers from Amazon. You even get one refill with the order. So I change them about every three months. Can’t beat the price

AERO Voyager 24" + 24" Premium All-Season Windshield Wiper Blades with Extra Rubber Refills + 1 Year Warranty (Set of 2) https://a.co/d/5qZCNEb

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck was produced in Jan 2019 and still has the original wipers. They are now over 4 years old, and still wipe my windshield squeaky clean after a couple of passes.

I live in a place that doesn't rain often and most of my wiper use is to clean the windshield, still, I've never had a set of wipers work so well for so long on any of my vehicles.

When I will eventually need a new set of wipers, I will be buying the factory ones.

vincentw56

Reaction score
My truck was produced in Jan 2019 and still has the original wipers. They are now over 4 years old, and still wipe my windshield squeaky clean after a couple of passes.

I live in a place that doesn't rain often and most of my wiper use is to clean the windshield, still, I've never had a set of wipers work so well for so long on any of my vehicles.

When I will eventually need a new set of wipers, I will be buying the factory ones.
Must be because you don't get much rain. Factory blades only lasted 6 months on mine. My Bosch blades are about 2 years now.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Must be because you don't get much rain. Factory blades only lasted 6 months on mine. My Bosch blades are about 2 years now.

Absolutely that is a fact. But I do compare it to all my other vehicles, including our newer Toyota and new Suburban, and all the other vehicles we have had in the past. None of them offered this type of blade life at this performance level, even in the same conditions. Honestly think I must have gotten a rare magic set of them and my next set of OEMs won't be so good.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I'm due for another set, anyone try out the Bosch Night Vision series yet?

Edit: Found my own answer, the ICON are still the more durable option.

Last edited:

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I've tried multiple wiper blade brands, including Michelin's from Costco. They don't work in the same way as OEM ones. They make noize and they don't wipe as dry as OEM.
I'm using OEM wipers now, they are not very expensive - ~$25 each on eBay. However, Mopar doesn't offer wiper refills like other manufactures, so I will try generic wiper refills on OEM wipers and see how it goes.

BowDown

Reaction score
I get the aero wipers from Amazon. You even get one refill with the order. So I change them about every three months. Can’t beat the price

AERO Voyager 24" + 24" Premium All-Season Windshield Wiper Blades with Extra Rubber Refills + 1 Year Warranty (Set of 2) Amazon.com

I bought these after @theblet's recommendation. I kept my OEM blades and installed the refills in them. I prefer the OEM wipers because the j-hook mount is much slimmer and does protrude up as high as aftermarket blades

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced my old noisy wipers last weekend. I had a set of 24" AmazonBasics that I got for $9 for a pack of 2 back in November. It's doing pretty well and quiet. It's been raining all week. I tend to replace my wipers about once a year, or when it starts getting noisy.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought these after @theblet's recommendation. I kept my OEM blades and installed the refills in them. I prefer the OEM wipers because the j-hook mount is much slimmer and does protrude up as high as aftermarket blades
Yea, oem wipers are more slim looking. How they working so far? Mine usually last about 6 months. Not changing them as frequently

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I have never noticed the milage or time intervals for wiper replacement. I just have a set or two on hand from Costco and change when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread