5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Wiper Issues

rzims

Reaction score
I've had my Laramie since 2019 and now have about 62k on it.
A month or so ago I started having issues with the wipers. They would stop mid-stroke, or shudder as they went across the windshield or go really fast.
Then they start just not working, or would work a couple of swipes then stop mid window.
Called the dealer last week and they said I'm out of warranty but they could get me in at the end of Feb to take a look.
I took it to my regular mechanic who checked it that day and said my Wiper Motor was bad. He ordered one, but it's on national back-order and could be a month till it comes in...
Now I'm searching the inter-webs to try to see if I can find one somewhere....
What a pain in the butt - this thing is barely 2 years old....

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you checked or had the recall done about the nuts holding the blades onto the spindle? It's possible those coming loose have affected the movement.

rzims

Reaction score
I checked the nuts and they were tight. Dealer ran my VIN and said I wasn't on the recall list....

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you're not having this repaired by a dealership, and can't get a new part, you might consider going with a used part and replacing it yourself. These trucks are on their 4th year of production, and lots have been sold. So there should be used wiper motors available on ebay, car-part.com, or local salvage yards.

Users who are viewing this thread