5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wiper fluid not working !??

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had my 2019 1500 since it was new and have never had a problem with the washer hoses...until this year and, coincidentally, one week before the bumper-to-bumper warranty was set to expire. The dealership removed several of the hood liner retainers and 'fixed' the hose that had come loose, then replaced the retainers with some that were not even correct...they looked terrible. All was good - for one week. So, I bought a small kit with some retainers and removal tool from Amazon, removed the retainers from the bottom half and found the hose had come loose from the nozzle. Figured out how to get the nozzle out, put the hose back in, nozzle goes in and all is fixed.....for another week. Now mind you, I don't even try to run the washers when the temperatures are below freezing, but there must be something not quite right with the connection method for these hoses. I ordered even more retainers and completely removed the hood liner, reattached 2 hoses that had come loose, but secured them with zip ties. I guess time will tell. View attachment 123226 View attachment 123227
That’s a solution I was going to mention. Zip ties work great and will hold up for a very long time.

jchuchla

Reaction score
For those of you who had the wiper problems, did you hear the pump running when you hit the wash button?
I'm having problems with it on my 22. I know it's been cold here for the past week or so, and it's very possible that a line may be frozen. But I did notice that a hose was disconnected right by the driver side hinge. I hit the button before reconnecting it and nothing came out of the open tube. And I also didn't hear the pump running. I wonder if the pump is frozen. I can't see the pump anywhere, does anyone know where it is so I can perhaps try to put a heating pad near it for a bit.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who had the wiper problems, did you hear the pump running when you hit the wash button?
I'm having problems with it on my 22. I know it's been cold here for the past week or so, and it's very possible that a line may be frozen. But I did notice that a hose was disconnected right by the driver side hinge. I hit the button before reconnecting it and nothing came out of the open tube. And I also didn't hear the pump running. I wonder if the pump is frozen. I can't see the pump anywhere, does anyone know where it is so I can perhaps try to put a heating pad near it for a bit.
Not my image, credit to whoever posted it on line.
20180628_131912 (Large) 0212053`s image washer pump.jpg

peroxide

Reaction score
This just happened to me. Started when the temperatures dropped below freezing. I hear the pump running but then it ends up with washer fluid under the hood liner. I think if the washer fluid lines freeze up, the pump pushes against the blockage and the pressure generated by the pump is too much for the weak connections and so they become disconnected.

I'm taking it in tomorrow to the dealer. I don't think they will zip tie it, but that is a great idea. If it happens after they "fix" it, then I will remove the entire liner and zip tie it. Also, will be making sure to switch to winter fluid in late fall from now on.

byounghusband

Reaction score
It would appear that RAM has done this very half-assed. My Ford Edge has rubber tubing going to a plastic T that has the spines on it.
Going to keep an eye on mine now that I see what they've done.
Nice zip tie work (y)
You are so right about that 1/2 assed idea!! I have had to fix mine about 4 times now on my 2020. The worst one is where the line comes up behind the battery compartment and then has a 90* elbow. Ther is BARELY enough room to grip it to reattach the 90* elbow!!🤬
I just ordered the set of hood liner clips and tool. When they arrive, I will do the zip tie trick on all of them and "maybe" I won't have to do it again!!

Wirerat

Reaction score
Mine popped off under hood about a year ago. I used a zip tie to repair when I put it back together. I ve been running actual wiper fluid that won't freeze to -20° since then. No more problems so far.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
My 22 actually had the motor go bad on it, dealer changed it and worked perfect, the problem was low/weak stream.

Users who are viewing this thread