5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wiper fluid not coming out

Adjutant

Reaction score
Hey all,
My fluid has stopped coming out. The reservoir was totally dry. I filled it up, and it still didnt work.
The motor/pump is working, I can hear it.

I havent pulled down the fire wall stuff on the hood to check the lines yet. I wanted to ask. Do I need to prime the system or anything.

Im embarrassed that I have to ask this

Magredvet

Reaction score
Shouldn't need to prime, but the fittings under the hood lining have a habit of coming apart, spraying the fluid into the hood liner. Had this happen twice on my 2019, so the last time I used zip ties to stop them coming apart

peroxide

Reaction score
Have someone run the washer fluid while you’re outside. It’s either gonna come out through the hood liner by the grille or by the driver’s side door. You’ll know where the disconnect is.

Completely agree with the zip tie method. Can’t believe they’re just pushed on from the factory.

Adjutant

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. These are great suggestions. Im just trying to avoid a trip to the dealer for an easy fix.
Ill try this today.

deptx

Reaction score
Shouldn't need to prime, but the fittings under the hood lining have a habit of coming apart, spraying the fluid into the hood liner. Had this happen twice on my 2019, so the last time I used zip ties to stop them coming apart
Just completed the same repair on my 2021. Washer fluid supply line came loose from the fitting. Seems like a real issue with the Ram 1500s.

Adjutant

Reaction score
Just completed the same repair on my 2021. Washer fluid supply line came loose from the fitting. Seems like a real issue with the Ram 1500s.
Ive got a 21 Laramie. Its been great. Im having my boy run the wiper while I get up under the hood

Magredvet

Reaction score
Oh by the way, if you intend fixing it yourself (it's easy) you will need to source the hood liner clips, as I believe they are a one time use. I never managed to get many out without damaging them.
You can find them on Amazon, .............https://www.amazon.com/Febrytold-Hood-Insulation-Retainer-Clips/dp/B08K4B5ZWS

Last edited:

Adjutant

Reaction score
Oh by the way, if you intend fixing it yourself (it's easy) you will need to source the hood liner clips, as I believe they are a one time use. I never managed to get many out without damaging them.
You can find them on Amazon, .............https://www.amazon.com/Febrytold-Hood-Insulation-Retainer-Clips/dp/B08K4B5ZWS
Dude!! Thank you so much for that heads up. I was going to get to it this weekend. Im ordering right now

Users who are viewing this thread