5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wiper arm nut torque value

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a torque value for the wiper arm nut on a 2019 RAM?

I know the recall states to "turn the nut an additional 1/4 (90 degree) turn, but if it's already within specs, I feel it may put too much strain on the bolt / threads.

I'm sure there must be a specification during assembly.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Awesome!! Thank you very much for the info. I wonder why the FCA recall does not state to just "check the torque" instead of "tighten nut 1/4 turn"? Seems like it could avoid potential stripping, etc.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Neurobit! I had asked in another forum and got the 90 degree turn answer. The engineer in me feels much more comfortable with an actual torque spec.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Neurobit! I had asked in another forum and got the 90 degree turn answer. The engineer in me feels much more comfortable with an actual torque spec.
You bet. Glad to help.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Yes, I applied the 18 lb ft torque to both nuts. After marking the nuts to the shafts with a sharpie, the driver's side turned about 1/8th of a turn, and the passenger side about 1/16th.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
For anyone worried about coming lose again, you could always use blue Locktite after tightening to spec.

7amada

Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of which nut exactly needs to be torqued? Got the recall too

sorry for the noob question

IceStormz

Reaction score
I believe my passenger side got loose after kind of abusing it with a snowstorm we recently had. Sucks how it's right in the middle of the engine bay, but I'll have to tighten it somehow!

Users who are viewing this thread