5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Washer Spray Nozzle Replacement Question

Brady_SS

Reaction score
It looks like the last hard freeze in the DFW area killed both of my windshield washer nozzles. I took down the hood insulation and confirmed the tube leading to each nozzle was separated from the nozzle itself. The Mopar part shows that the nozzle includes the tubes as well, so I'm pretty sure i'm not going to be able to simply reinsert the tubes to the nozzles. My question is, has anyone replaced their washer spray nozzles and if so, how did you get them out? I've tried pulling and twisting on each one and I'm started to get concerned I'm going to break them off. Any guidance is appreciated!

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No help for your issue, but curious: are you using plain water for your washer fluid?

Apexcars

Reaction score
No, I use washer fluid. I figured it out and took some pics. My issue was that the hose had come off from the back of the sprayer. Have you gotten yours working?

Zogg44

Reaction score
Funny, I'm in DFW too and also had an issue with my sprayer. I finally remembered to look yesterday and discovered that the main tube was disconnected from where it connects to the "hood" tube for some reason.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I haven't resolved this yet myself. I don't use anything but regular washer fluid, normally that's good enough in my area, but the past two years we've gotten temps well below normal for a few days.
Still trying to figure out how to take the nozzles out. Frustrating to say the least! @Apexcars, did you say you have pictures? I'm sure i'm missing something simple in the process.

Thanks!

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Was able to get this done finally. I went ahead and ordered the parts and when I got them I was able to get a better idea of how the nozzles attached to the hood. I used a long screwdriver and popped them out from the bottom of the nozzle where they were connect to the hood. Not too difficult, but I don’t want to have to do it again anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread