5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Washer Fluid Low Flow/Pressure

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran my washer fluid tank dry and now after refilling the spray barely makes it over the resting wiper blades. Think the pump filter sucked up debris. Anyone know an easy way to access the pump on a 2020? I’d rather do it myself than take to a dealer.

William1034

Reaction score
Look for a leak in the hood. i had a hose rubbing against metal and it wore a hole in it.

Reactions: Buz

maroc

Reaction score
Same problem here. Ran it low possibly dry and now it will spray a burst at first and then drop off to a trickle. I couldn't find any leaks so either it sucked up debris or its sucking air from somewhere.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ended up taking mine to the dealer. Their report said both spray nozzles were 'leaking' and they replaced them.
They spray great now.

djjr50

Reaction score
Have been looking for instructions to get to the reservoir so I can pull the pump and replace it.

I had the dealer look at it and fix it once after they claim an additive cause the flow to stop/be reduced. Then one sprayer would work while the other didnt. Then it would switch. Now I get nothing. Disconnected the elbow where it connects to the hood and no fluid comes out. I also dont hear any pumping motor sounds and I also check the fuse. My conclusion is that the pump mustve gone bad.

If only I can find a video of a DT ram (there are a few for the 4th gen)...

Brettjet332

Reaction score
This was helpful, but can’t seem to find where the fluid hose connects to the tank. Mine is low pressure flow, pump is working. Seems like the filter at the tank may be clogged. Anybody else out there experiencing this?

Users who are viewing this thread