5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windshield tinting?????

gpa

Reaction score
So i had my 20's front windows tinted and wanted to get the windshield tinted also, but the company said that," the windshield couldn't be tinted because of a TSB saying that the ECU will get wet and shut the truck down". Have anyone else had this told to them?

R

Rob5589

So goes the rumor. I had mine done. The shop mentioned having to be extra careful but had no reservations doing it.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tinted my windshield with 3M Crystalline without issues. They did take special precautions with some absorbent ropes that they put up in the front of the dash. Then covered the whole dash with towels. They do a lot of high-end vehicles and were aware of the problems that can arise. They said I could rest assured they would do it right, and they did.

ellisk

Reaction score
So i had my 20's front windows tinted and wanted to get the windshield tinted also, but the company said that," the windshield couldn't be tinted because of a TSB saying that the ECU will get wet and shut the truck down". Have anyone else had this told to them?
I had my 2019 in for ceramic and a strip on the front Windshield. This was before any TSB on water. My truck lost its mind the next time I tried to start it up - shft knob malfunctions, radiator fan blowing, trying to shift gears on its own, tons of craziness. It didn't make it to the dealer until days later and they could never recreate it. I ended up trading it in but I definitely think the tinting had something to do with it. I had the next truck tinted at a different shop and absolutely no issues.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I had mine done with no issues but the guy I used was very much aware and took the proper precautions to make sure the dash didn’t get wet as others have stated. Absorbent ropes, towels and pads.

Users who are viewing this thread