5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield spray

DCinHSV

Reaction score
My spray function has stopped working. I hear the switch engage the pump, but nothing is coming out. Initial look I discoverd the spray nozzles are mounted to the underside of the hood and it appears that a fitted tube is the line that goes from the tank to the nozzles. Does anyone have a diagram of this portion of the system? [what I've done so far: verified tank was full, that nozzles are not obstructed (atleast visually from windshield side, pump is working]

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My spray function has stopped working. I hear the switch engage the pump, but nothing is coming out. Initial look I discoverd the spray nozzles are mounted to the underside of the hood and it appears that a fitted tube is the line that goes from the tank to the nozzles. Does anyone have a diagram of this portion of the system? [what I've done so far: verified tank was full, that nozzles are not obstructed (atleast visually from windshield side, pump is working]
Do you have leaking w/s washer fluid dripping under the truck, might point you in the right direction.
If not, then the pump/impeller is most likely shot.

DCinHSV

Reaction score
Do you have leaking w/s washer fluid dripping under the truck, might point you in the right direction.
If not, then the pump/impeller is most likely shot.
no sir . . . no leak from the tank. I was thinking that maybe that line had a crack/leak in it. Wish I had a diagram, I don't even know where the pump is. (sounds like under the tank, but kinda hard to diagnose solo :) )

Icecoldak

Reaction score
Take the tube off at the nozzels and see if anything comes out! If not Im guessing you have a bad pump

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Here is a good safety precaution to attempt to keep your windshield nozzles from stopping up, I do this on ALL the vehicles I own. I got this idea from Volvo as a inline filter comes standard on all their trucks. This will not fix your problem you are having now but may eliminate future problems if trash or debris get in your system.

The one's I use is just a cheapo lawn mower fuel filter. I just cut the Washer Line some where between the reservoir and the nozzles and pushed the tube on to each end.

20200127_074349.jpg 20200127_074415.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online