5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Replacement

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Most automotive glass is tinted blue or green.
While that's true, I'm referring to the top few inches that are tinted darker than the rest of the windshield. As seen in the photo I included in the post you quoted. It used to be on just about every car, but manufacturer's seem to have gone away from that now.

djjr50

Reaction score
Finally got mine replaced. They contacted me late last week and got it replaced in their facility Sat afternoon.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I’m in Atlanta area. I need to follow up on my claim and see where we stand
Hope you got your glass already but I just had mine installed by Ultimate Auto Glass. Had to wait about a month for the OEM glass but wanted the real thing. Safeco replaced at no charge to me!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hope you got your glass already but I just had mine installed by Ultimate Auto Glass. Had to wait about a month for the OEM glass but wanted the real thing. Safeco replaced at no charge to me!
I still don’t have mine replaced. I’ll check with them tomorrow.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Back in Jan 2020 I had to get my windshield replaced due to multiple rocks falling off a gravel truck :( OEM was on back order for 3 months so I went aftermarket and have had zero issues. Then again I don't have any of the fancy thing-a-ma-jigs the upper trims do ;)

Users who are viewing this thread