5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield leaking

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having a problem with my windshield leaking on the inside just wondering if anybody else is having this problem or maybe if this is a recall of some sort just find it very odd I've never had a vehicle do this before this is the factory windshield no cracks or anything

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Whelp that’s definitely one that will be going back to service asap.

FL Laramie

Reaction score
Last week I was sitting in my truck on the phone on a rainy day. Just happened to notice slow drips of water coming from the passenger grab handle. Of course, I'm at 42k miles, so no B2B warranty. I purchased an extended warranty prior to this. The dealer called yesterday and said they found a small gap in the sealant for the windshield. Unfortunately, he said that my extended warranty doesn't cover water intrusion. He is calling the extended warranty this morning to find out if they'll cover it. I'll update this once I get more information today.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good luck as I’ve found they have been quick to jump through those tiny hoops when it comes to extended warranties. My one vehicle met all the criteria yet was still denied because I had a tune. Wait what, why did that have to do with the water leaking into my spare tire well ?

FL Laramie

Reaction score
I can tell you guys that the MaxCare Extended Warranty doesn't cover water infiltration or glass defects that came with the vehicle. I'm out of pocket $200 for the diagnostic fee. Gonna cancel my MaxCare warranty as soon as I get my "free" key fob replacement(s).

Users who are viewing this thread