5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Ice/Snow Cover - Heat Reflector

Reaction score
No threads on this yet (at least not that I could find)

Has anyone used one of these snow windshield guards, you put them on the windshield so that in the winter you just pull it off. Saves time from scraping ice from the windshield.

Curious if anyone has used them on the trucks before, if so what brand? I have been looking at brands like Weatherforce 360 (it's magnetic) , FrostGuard Deluxe (elastic bands around mirrors for windy conditions and flaps that go inside the doors to prevent theft) etc......

The one thing I am wondering is, will the wiper blades come on automatically (I've got automatic on for rain) or will it not detect anything as the snow/ice would be on the cover and not the windshield.

Thinking maybe this would help with heat in the summer too!!

Any thoughts or opinions?

r.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No threads on this yet (at least not that I could find)

Has anyone used one of these snow windshield guards, you put them on the windshield so that in the winter you just pull it off. Saves time from scraping ice from the windshield.

Curious if anyone has used them on the trucks before, if so what brand? I have been looking at brands like Weatherforce 360 (it's magnetic) , FrostGuard Deluxe (elastic bands around mirrors for windy conditions and flaps that go inside the doors to prevent theft) etc......

The one thing I am wondering is, will the wiper blades come on automatically (I've got automatic on for rain) or will it not detect anything as the snow/ice would be on the cover and not the windshield.

Thinking maybe this would help with heat in the summer too!!

Any thoughts or opinions?

View attachment 99339
I'm not a 100% sure, but I believe the auto wipers don't come on for remote start.

Users who are viewing this thread