5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield crack.

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Does anybody had a windshield replaced under warranty ? I found a small crack in my windshield going from top about 5” long. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody had a windshield replaced under warranty ? I found a small crack in my windshield going from top about 5” long. Thanks.

Is it something you found while checking you truck on the lot or a few hours after delivery at home?
You will have to prove that the truck was delivered to you with this defect.
Windshield cracks don't go under warranty usually. You'll have to pay for it or use your insurance company and open a claim with them.

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Is it something you found while checking you truck on the lot or a few hours after delivery at home?
You will have to prove that the truck was delivered to you with this defect.
Windshield cracks don't go under warranty usually. You'll have to pay for it or use your insurance company and open a claim with them.

Hey, thank you for reply. I bought the truck like 6 months ago. And I found the crack only yesterday. I know they probably won’t approve it under warranty, but there is no mark of stone or anything that hit the windshield.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Your insurance covers it with no deductible. I had a cracked windshield on my X5 and had Safelight replace it in my driveway. They are experts and did a flawless job. Just be sure to request an OEM windshield that is identical to your factory windshield.

Users who are viewing this thread