5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows rolling down on approach

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve owned my 2020 for over a year and haven’t ever had this happen until twice in the past week.

I’ve noticed twice that my front windows have rolled down after exiting the vehicle. The first time, I had the vehicle outside overnight and came outside to the passenger window down. Today, when walking up to the vehicle from a store, I found both front windows down. My wife said her side was rolling down as we approached, so I assume that’s what’s happening.

I do have a Tazer installed, and have for quite some time. I can’t seem to find a roll down feature in the RAM settings on Uconnect or in the Tazer menu. Any ideas?

FN-2187

Reaction score
I’ve owned my 2020 for over a year and haven’t ever had this happen until twice in the past week.

I’ve noticed twice that my front windows have rolled down after exiting the vehicle. The first time, I had the vehicle outside overnight and came outside to the passenger window down. Today, when walking up to the vehicle from a store, I found both front windows down. My wife said her side was rolling down as we approached, so I assume that’s what’s happening.

I do have a Tazer installed, and have for quite some time. I can’t seem to find a roll down feature in the RAM settings on Uconnect or in the Tazer menu. Any ideas?
Email their tech support. They are super good about getting back fast.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Definetly a feature of the Tazer. They can be rolled down by pressing the unlock button on the fob five times and rolled up by pressing the lock button on the fob 5 times.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
So tazer just responded to me. It is a built in function with the tazer. So sounds like there is no way to turn this off. When it happens anyone know how to get them roll back up? Is that possible too?

This is his response

“Windows from fob is a baked in automatic setting, but it's Live, so it ONLY works when the Tazer is plugged in. “

He said there is no way to disable it. Hope that they come out with an update to make this possible.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So tazer just responded to me. It is a built in function with the tazer. So sounds like there is no way to turn this off. When it happens anyone know how to get them roll back up? Is that possible too?

This is his response

“Windows from fob is a baked in automatic setting, but it's Live, so it ONLY works when the Tazer is plugged in. “

He said there is no way to disable it. Hope that they come out with an update to make this possible.
Once again, you have to push the unlock button 5-timee for them to roll down. No reason you should be hitting unlock that many times unless you know of the feature and trying to get them to roll down

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Learned something new today. Didn’t think the window up/down feature worked with my Tazer. Just tried the 5 button push and it worked perfectly.👍🏻

I don’t recall ever seeing that in the instructions.🤔

Strange thing is why do they turn the radio on too when opening/closing windows? Nothing like a stereo blaring when the windows open to draw attention.😲

Last edited:

BNeal

Reaction score
Ok, this makes no sense. So, you're walking up to your truck and the windows roll down, and you did nothing to provoke it?

Dewey

Reaction score
I’m guessing the remote button was hit repeatedly. I see people have a habit of doing that all the time when locking and beeping the horn over and over when only one is needed to confirm. Same thing for unlocking and then the windows will be open when you get to the vehicle.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like it. If it was a Tazer thing, all the windows would be rolled down (and simultaneously). But the OP mentions only one being rolled down at one point.

For what it's worth, I just tried the 5-button unlock thing - several times - and it didn't work on mine.

Dewey

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like it. If it was a Tazer thing, all the windows would be rolled down (and simultaneously). But the OP mentions only one being rolled down at one point.

For what it's worth, I just tried the 5-button unlock thing - several times - and it didn't work on mine.
Tazer needs to be connected at all times to work since it’s a Live Setting. Also mine didn’t work at first since I pushed the unlock button too fast. Slower and windows went down.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tazer needs to be connected at all times to work since it’s a Live Setting. Also mine didn’t work at first since I pushed the unlock button too fast. Slower and windows went down.
My Tazer is connected, although not married. It shouldn't matter, though, if this is a Live Feature. Are you running the latest firmware?

Dewey

Reaction score
My Tazer is connected, although not married. It shouldn't matter, though, if this is a Live Feature. Are you running the latest firmware?
No. I’m running 18.1.5. Went back after having issues with the new one I didn’t bother with the latest firmware since I didn’t need the added PIN feature.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

When I first got my TazerDT and was messing with it, there were a couple times only one window rolled down when using the fob.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Once again, you have to push the unlock button 5-timee for them to roll down. No reason you should be hitting unlock that many times unless you know of the feature and trying to get them to roll down
Sometimes especially to make sure all doors are unlocked so your kids aren’t standing in rain. Either way should be able to turn it off. I’m running 18.1.1 right now. I heard there was an issue with the newest firmware. I spoke with zautomotive today and they said to update to the newest and there should be an option to turn it off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes especially to make sure all doors are unlocked so your kids aren’t standing in rain. Either way should be able to turn it off. I’m running 18.1.1 right now. I heard there was an issue with the newest firmware. I spoke with zautomotive today and they said to update to the newest and there should be an option to turn it off.
All doors unlock with a single push unless you have your truck configured differently. I've never accidentally rolled my windows down since having the Tazer. Shootz half the time it doesn't work when I am trying to make it work because I either push the button too fast and it doesn't register or go too slow trying to make sure they are recognized.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
All doors unlock with a single push unless you have your truck configured differently. I've never accidentally rolled my windows down since having the Tazer. Shootz half the time it doesn't work when I am trying to make it work because I either push the button too fast and it doesn't register or go too slow trying to make sure they are recognized.
Well more than just me have said there was an issue. So you don’t have to act like it doesn’t exist. And yes I have it set to where the first only unlocks my front door. I have accidentally done it a few times as I didn’t know it was even an option . So at that time it is in fact possible

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well more than just me have said there was an issue. So you don’t have to act like it doesn’t exist. And yes I have it set to where the first only unlocks my front door. I have accidentally done it a few times as I didn’t know it was even an option . So at that time it is in fact possible
Didn't say it wasn't possible. Just that there is no need to push the fob button that many times, unless you are trying to roll the windows down. My wife has her Traverse set up where you have to hit button twice to unlock all doors. Annoys the ever loving shyte out of me, but that's what she likes, so I don't change it.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't say it wasn't possible. Just that there is no need to push the fob button that many times, unless you are trying to roll the windows down. My wife has her Traverse set up where you have to hit button twice to unlock all doors. Annoys the ever loving shyte out of me, but that's what she likes, so I don't change it.

My key fob rides around in my pants pocket all day long. Is it possible I hit it multiple times with another object in my pocket while I’m walking? I don’t know… maybe…

What is peculiar is the fact only one window was open.

I’ve had it happen a time or two since starting this thread as well. That said, I should probably invest some time into figuring it out because I’d hate for it to happen in a place that’s not secure and the truck sit with window open while I’m away from it.

I don’t doubt it’s related to the Tazer. Someone above indicated they’ve had only one window roll down, so that seems to align with the issue I’ve encountered.

Users who are viewing this thread