5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows down from keyfob

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Its tempting, but I plan on selling the stock Falken Wildpeaks and going with duratracs for snow and offroading. Maybe ill pick up a pair of cheapies just for line lock ;)
And some lumber to get the same effect as shown in the GIF :LOL: :LOL:
Also, play with the DRL's and the other light features, it's pretty cool...
Enjoy it ;)

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No ....what is really wierd is .i cant remember why i bought it :LOL: :LOL: (y)

The main reasons I got it may jar your memory! LOL
1. Full 360 view camera or selectable camera view on while driving without a timeout.
2. Daytime running light choice. Amber Blinker bars (My Fav), Fogs, Low Beams, or Off.
3. Light shows! (Cause hey who doesn't want cop lights!) LOL!
4. You can use your navigation and type addresses and use all Navigation options while in motion.
5. Window roll up or down feature.
6. Change Speedometer adjustment for different size wheels/tires.
7. 0-30 and 0-60 stopwatch timer built in on the dash view when set up.

8. (My personal favorite!) Machine gun and oil slick enable with smokescreen, stealth tech and Airplane Tow mode add ons......... (Future feature in the skunkworks......) LOL Ha ha! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The main reasons I got it may jar your memory! LOL
1. Full 360 view camera or selectable camera view on while driving without a timeout.
2. Daytime running light choice. Amber Blinker bars (My Fav), Fogs, Low Beams, or Off.
3. Light shows! (Cause hey who doesn't want cop lights!) LOL!
4. You can use your navigation and type addresses and use all Navigation options while in motion.
5. Window roll up or down feature.
6. Change Speedometer adjustment for different size wheels/tires.
7. 0-30 and 0-60 stopwatch timer built in on the dash view when set up.

8. (My personal favorite!) Machine gun and oil slick enable with smokescreen, stealth tech and Airplane Tow mode add ons......... (Future feature in the skunkworks......) LOL Ha ha! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

i think im gradually turning into "Mr.Kimball"from "GreenArces"'

:LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the trick for this on 2022s?
None of the fancy buttons make the windows go down, let alone go up. I wonder if it's another feature that doesn't work anymore.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the trick for this on 2022s?
None of the fancy buttons make the windows go down, let alone go up. I wonder if it's another feature that doesn't work anymore.
I was trying to roll my windows up the other day and it wasn't working. Wonder if they removed that feature in new update?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was trying to roll my windows up the other day and it wasn't working. Wonder if they removed that feature in new update?
Could be. It works on the older versions.

Just found this video

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Just found this video

Ive done it before just messing around. But have updated firmware a couple times since then.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mean rolling them down is still in the manual but idk.
https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerDTUserGuide1824.pdf

It's listed in page 4 as open and close windows with keybob
Windows from Keyfob - open and close windows with a keyfob shortcut

Then again on page 12
Non-Menu Live Functions
Some live functions of the Tazer DT are not accessed via a menu, but rather work automatically or with button presses
Windows from Keyfob: TAP Lock six times quickly to roll the windows up or down. The doors must be closed and the engine must be running.

My truck just honks a ton of times, I did not try it with the key in the truck, but why bother opening the windows via the fob if you are already inside?
I remote started it first then gave it a little bit then tried it.

Interesting thing I took my truck to do a return, then came home. I went back out to go somewhere else and my driver and passenger side window were completely open, but I never did anything. Did my truck queue up the window command for 2 of my 4 windows and just randomly do it? Kind of scary lol, good thing I was at home and I went back out before it started to pour rain or I would of been very upset.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Just found this video

Funny because the manual say to hit lock, but that person hit the unlock.
I wonder if the manual is just incorrect, doesn't look like either of those cars were on in the video, but the manual says the truck MUST be turned on.

Dewey

Reaction score
I mean rolling them down is still in the manual but idk.
https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerDTUserGuide1824.pdf

It's listed in page 4 as open and close windows with keybob
Windows from Keyfob - open and close windows with a keyfob shortcut

Then again on page 12
Non-Menu Live Functions
Some live functions of the Tazer DT are not accessed via a menu, but rather work automatically or with button presses
Windows from Keyfob: TAP Lock six times quickly to roll the windows up or down. The doors must be closed and the engine must be running.

My truck just honks a ton of times, I did not try it with the key in the truck, but why bother opening the windows via the fob if you are already inside?
I remote started it first then gave it a little bit then tried it.

Interesting thing I took my truck to do a return, then came home. I went back out to go somewhere else and my driver and passenger side window were completely open, but I never did anything. Did my truck queue up the window command for 2 of my 4 windows and just randomly do it? Kind of scary lol, good thing I was at home and I went back out before it started to pour rain or I would of been very upset.
Interesting. The times I tried it my motor wasn’t running and the option worked just fine. Not near my truck now but I’ll try again later when I get a chance.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just went out to try it.

The instructions are completely wrong, kind of frustrating.
I forgot the joy I had with the Tazer last year lol.

For a 2022
Engine needs to be OFF.
5 unlocks opens driver and passenger window (sometimes just the passenger side)
once they are both down 5 locks closes the driver and passenger side window.
Note: it's very hard to count 5 locks because of how quick you need to press it and my truck honks once per press (which I like to know it's locked)

If the truck is remote started you can't open or close with the fob (even with 6 presses like the manual says)

1687301851751.png

Dewey

Reaction score
I just went out to try it.

The instructions are completely wrong, kind of frustrating.
I forgot the joy I had with the Tazer last year lol.

For a 2022
Engine needs to be OFF.
5 unlocks opens driver and passenger window (sometimes just the passenger side)
once they are both down 5 locks closes the driver and passenger side window.
Note: it's very hard to count 5 locks because of how quick you need to press it and my truck honks once per press (which I like to know it's locked)

If the truck is remote started you can't open or close with the fob (even with 6 presses like the manual says)

View attachment 161199
Sounds right to me. That’s how I did it.

Users who are viewing this thread