5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows down by themselves?

yaksushi

Reaction score
Twice now I've come back to my truck with the passenger window totally down. I read that back in the day it was a feature on the key fob but it was removed in the dt models. My 1500 is a 2020 bighorn without remote start. My key fob only has lock, unlock, and the emergency button.Anyone experienced anything similar before?

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your signature doesn't state if you have a TazerDT installed... I know with my Rebel a quick double tap of the lock button will lower my driver and passenger front windows.

yaksushi

Reaction score
Yes I do but don't remember setting that option.

brenan00

Reaction score
I saw a you tube where they showed that if you press the lock or unlock button on your fob three times then wait a second or two then press two more times and the windows go down. So maybe your fob is getting pressed in your pocket, that is what someone else found. See what happens, I am am still waiting for mine to be built to give it a try. Later

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes the fob can lower the windows for sure

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes the fob can lower the windows for sure

Once enabled with alpha or tazer, yes. Stock they shouldn't go down with the key fob. I believe around 2011 was the last year to offer that, possibly 2012. My 2011 sport had it, but my 2013 sport did not, nor did my 17 (until I enabled it with alfa). That being said I never had the windows go down on their own or accidentally. My experience with it was needing to time the two clicks perfectly for them to go down, and would have to really make sure you keep that button fully pressed in if you didn't want them to stop on the way down and have to repeat the process.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You tube hammer down sports. Press three time the unlock then twice more the front windows roll down. 2020 rebel

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You tube hammer down sports. Press three time the unlock then twice more the front windows roll down. 2020 rebel

Looks like he enabled that feature with Tazer, see comment at the top of this screenshot:

Untitled11.png

Although anyone with a 5th gen feel free to try (without tazer or alfa) and let us know if it works or not.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tried it a year or two ago…no dice. I seem to recall that this only works for certain configurations. Maybe that’s false, but it doesn’t work for mine.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh ok. I don’t have my truck yet. I guess I won’t have this option

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh ok. I don’t have my truck yet. I guess I won’t have this option

Unfortunately not, but you got me excited for a second. Loved the feature enough on my 2011 to add it on future models of rams I've had, making the changes in alfaobd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online