5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window visors, what am I doing wrong?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought the Mopar visors and installed them just like the instructions and what I could find in videos, but just can't believe Mopar would design a metal clip to ride against the glass. A couple people have said they mount in the outer channel, but I don't have an outer channel. I could mount the clips between the door frame and outside of the seal, but the seal is different at the front vertical section. I dn't think the visors will fit in there.

IMG_20220917_151121092.jpg IMG_20220917_151035434.jpg

5 is the clip, 3 is the visor.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had the mopar vent visors on my 2020 and 2022 without any issues or signs of wear on the glass from the metal clips. I clean my window channels regularly to prevent any issues due to how tight they become with the visors installed.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, you're saying I have it correct and there's nothing to worry about?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, you're saying I have it correct and there's nothing to worry about?
I removed the rubber window trim to install my clips, once you pull it down you can see the different seals much better. Yes it will make contact with the glass once installed and the windows are all the way up.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have them in the upper "channel" like the instructions call, so the top most section of glass does not touch. It's just that bit of outside section that does.

Users who are viewing this thread