5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window vents and tow mirrors

Michael_D

Reaction score
I was looking to buy a set of window vents for my 2022 1500 that has the new tow mirrors with power fold. Can anyone verify that the Ram or other brand window vents will allow for these mirrors to fold in without contact? I prefer the look of in-channel vents, but haven't decided if I will go with that style or not. The 2019 I had ended up with scratches to the glass with these things installed. They also made the auto close function work erratically.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I was looking to buy a set of window vents for my 2022 1500 that has the new tow mirrors with power fold. Can anyone verify that the Ram or other brand window vents will allow for these mirrors to fold in without contact? I prefer the look of in-channel vents, but haven't decided if I will go with that style or not. The 2019 I had ended up with scratches to the glass with these things installed. They also made the auto close function work erratically.
I have the weathertech ones and they allow the mirrors to close. I believe the mopar ones do too. They'll have a little curvature near the front of the vent to allow the mirrors to fold fully.

Michael_D

Reaction score
Thanks to you both. Just to verify, we are talking about the tow mirrors, correct? They are a bit larger than the standard mirrors - which is what inspired this question.

Marty313

Reaction score
I don’t have the tow mirrors, But my mirrors do not touch when folded. But my 2 cents, don’t get AVS… they tend to warp. I’m on my second set off warranty for warping.

Michael_D

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

I placed an order for the Weather Tech vents. Smoked color.

I had the Ram vents on my 2019, and thought they worked just fine, but as mentioned earlier, they were a bit too thick at the flange area that fits into the window channel. I am hopeful the WT vents work better.

Users who are viewing this thread