5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Trim Removal?

JSS

Reaction score
2021 Ram Limited, in Black. Chrome strip around the windows...how hard is that to remove? I am not a fan. Does this damage the rubber window trim underneath? It seems like it should just pop off, but Any guidance is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

redneck

Reaction score
most are held on with metal clips all manf are different some slide some pop streight off ask a body shop guy they mess with them every day

Code2medic

Reaction score
2021 Ram Limited, in Black. Chrome strip around the windows...how hard is that to remove? I am not a fan. Does this damage the rubber window trim underneath? It seems like it should just pop off, but Any guidance is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Steam machine easy peasy

baf3472

Reaction score
They are mostly held on with clips. The bottom pieces have a small screw you have to remove and then they lift up. The top pieces have clips and double sided tape near the front. You need to remove, or at least loosen, the side mirrors to get to the triangular pieces on the front. I have a black set that I'm about to install when the weather warms up a bit and I'm going to take some pictures and post a thread about it since there doesn't seem to be one around anywhere.

T-roy82

Reaction score
They are mostly held on with clips. The bottom pieces have a small screw you have to remove and then they lift up. The top pieces have clips and double sided tape near the front. You need to remove, or at least loosen, the side mirrors to get to the triangular pieces on the front. I have a black set that I'm about to install when the weather warms up a bit and I'm going to take some pictures and post a thread about it since there doesn't seem to be one around anywhere.
Would you want to sell the chrome?

liq001

Reaction score
I don’t like the black rubber trim. It is looks cheap. Wondering is there any website sell the black high gloss stainless steel trim? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread