5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window tint

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, now I don't feel so bad!
Yeah a couple of quick over the phone quotes were lower but I went into the place today (the $650 place) and even though it’s just him and his wife doing it, he’s been around for a while and his quality was real nice, and this is probably one of those “get what you pay for” things so my wife and I agreed to pay a little extra.

MrBenji

Reaction score
I went with 35% in the front, matches if you don't look too hard. To match close to perfect, you need 15%, but for me that's too dark for driving at night and will likely get you a ticket eventually.

I went with 35% 3M Color Stable instead of ceramic, it has a lifetime warranty against fading and turning purple, has good heat rejection. $150 out the door, I paid a little more than some shops because this shop is highly rated and doesn't remove door panels to tint.

$200 or so will get you 3M Ceramic, which will have an even higher heat rejection for the front windows.
Any chance you have any pictures? I am thinking of doing the same thing. Deciding between 23% and 35%. Thanks!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any chance you have any pictures? I am thinking of doing the same thing. Deciding between 23% and 35%. Thanks!

Sure, hopefully you can see it clear enough here. It's close enough for me in matching the back windows, especially with zero issues with visibility at night. I have another vehicle with 15% or 20% and I find it too dangerous to drive at night.

Tint 1b.jpg

Tint 2b.jpg

Tint 3b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread