5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window tint

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Looking to get my 1500 tinted with ceramic. I’d like the windows to match as much as possible with good heat reduction. Is it with the $$ to tint all 4 windows plus the back, or should I tint just the front 2 windows to match the privacy glass?
I was thinking 20% up front and something lighter in the back just to add the ceramic for heat?

BNeal

Reaction score
If you're in Alaska, no. If you're in Houston, yes.

Proly should finish your sig so folks can give you an informed assessment.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
If you're in Alaska, no. If you're in Houston, yes.

Proly should finish your sig so folks can give you an informed assessment.
Im not entirely sure how putting “2021 Bighorn 5.7L hemi” in my signature Will allow someone to give a more “informed assessment” for window tint...but thanks for chiming in. Located in Ca

Steveinmd

Reaction score
IMO, it's worth it. Look up the numbers for heat rejection even on their light shades or even clear

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I got my truck it had 40% front tint and the factory rear measured at 22%

30DFC4DE-E709-494A-8FAB-9E3676B43AEB.png

I changed the front to 15% and added 35% over the factory tint on the side rear windows which measures out to 9% afterwords.

I put 15% over the back glass which measures at 5% and Air 80 on the windshield

52CCBA30-068B-43EC-BE76-727B4F3EEF62.png

I used Llumar Pinnacle Ceramic

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went with 35% in the front, matches if you don't look too hard. To match close to perfect, you need 15%, but for me that's too dark for driving at night and will likely get you a ticket eventually.

I went with 35% 3M Color Stable instead of ceramic, it has a lifetime warranty against fading and turning purple, has good heat rejection. $150 out the door, I paid a little more than some shops because this shop is highly rated and doesn't remove door panels to tint.

$200 or so will get you 3M Ceramic, which will have an even higher heat rejection for the front windows.

barbarossa

Reaction score
I did a 15% ceramic because that's what the shop said was the best match. Looks like a perfect match to me.

gwatt86

Reaction score
I live in Texas and did ceramic on my front two. I can tell a difference for sure. %25

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Is it worth it to do all 4 windows are should I just color match the front 2?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did all of my windows and windshield and sunroof. I think it’s worth it to do them all. But I also went much darker on all of them too except the windshield and sunroof

BNeal

Reaction score
Im not entirely sure how putting “2021 Bighorn 5.7L hemi” in my signature Will allow someone to give a more “informed assessment” for window tint...but thanks for chiming in. Located in Ca
Sorry, should have said location - Ca is the part I was questioning.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 70% ceramic film on all the glass. I don't need much more tinting, so 70% is fine, and it will keep night visibility pretty good. (As well as keeping "the man" from pulling me. ;) )

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Id recommend looking up your specific state tints laws as they differ greatly, state to state. I've always color matched my front windows to my rears and with my vehicles that has not factory tint/dye, Ive had 35% on all 4 windows (grand prix) and 15% on all 4 on my most recent car ( Malibu). IMO, %15 offered the best of both worlds and was never too dark. At 35%, I was always wishing I had gone darker. To answer your question specifically, if you get a lower % tin on the rears, it could only with heat/UV reduction and will benefit you and your passengers.

Reactions: c3k

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are the pros/cons(?) of tinting the sunroof? The darker you tint the sunroof the less skin cancer? Lol

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What are the pros/cons(?) of tinting the sunroof? The darker you tint the sunroof the less skin cancer? Lol
While it's certainly been proven that exposure to UV rays in sunlight can contribute to skin cancer, I seriously doubt your sunroof tint level will have any effect on your chances of getting skin cancer.

BNeal

Reaction score
I just made an appointment to have all glass tinted with ceramic - $680

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just made an appointment to have all glass tinted with ceramic - $680
Yeah I think that’s where I’m about sitting from the main place here. Some are cheaper but makes me worried about quality

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
I put 33% Autobahn Ceramic I3 tint on all the windows and sunroof. I think it turned out perfect and here in Texas it is a must. I can tell a huge difference in interior temp and in A/C performance. I didn't do the windshield yet because of all the horror stories I have read about the BCM getting fried. But putting 33% all around made it feel darker but did not make it too dark at night. Very happy with the results. The brochure says the 33% ceramic tint has an SPF of 1,000+

C373B7BC-0246-47DB-A586-44B5234749A1.jpeg

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For this discussion knowing your geographical location would be helpful. As far as vehicle description, you may ask a future question where that information is important.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052404 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/