5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Tint - Where to buy online?

__JAG__

Reaction score
I'm getting my windows tinted soon, but the guy does not stock 70% for the windshield. Anyone know where I could purchase a piece online? If I bring it, he will install it.

Is MotoShieldPro any good?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve used tint depot in the past and they’re ok. If it were me, I’d do the tint guy a favor and find some 3m or xpel. They both have multiple grades of 70%. Just be aware that a full roll that is tall enough to do our windshield is north of $1k. Three months ago, I priced a roll of 100% 3m IR at $1300 and change.

__JAG__

Reaction score
I’ve used tint depot in the past and they’re ok. If it were me, I’d do the tint guy a favor and find some 3m or xpel. They both have multiple grades of 70%. Just be aware that a full roll that is tall enough to do our windshield is north of $1k. Three months ago, I priced a roll of 100% 3m IR at $1300 and change.
Yeah thats why he doesn't stock any 70%. His last roll went bad. He normally does 40% on the windshield, but not sure I want to go that dark. MotoShieldPro will sell 6ft pieces.
I've been looking for 3M and cannot find small pieces. I'll look for xpel as well.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go somewhere else that stocks it and have it tinted there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kemcar

Reaction score
Question! 2022 1500 ordered and in its way. I’m going to have the dealer tint the windows when it arrives. I want 30 on front windows and 20 on back and rear windows. From what I have heard is the rear windows come with 35 already. So question is do they make and do most places stock 15 tint? To make the rear 20? I don’t even know if that’s how it works.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for anyone who's tinted their windshield. Does tinting the windshield affect any of the sensors or rain-sensing wipers or anything like that?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It didn’t on mine but I also only went 70% ceramic which is virtually clear.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It didn’t on mine but I also only went 70% ceramic which is virtually clear.

Part of the reason I've never had my windshield tinted in the past is because we have a high rate of windshield cracks in AZ due to the inordinate amount of construction trucks on the highways. I replaced a windshield in my Charger and then had a rock hit it 4 days later and had to replace it again. So, I probably won't get the windshield tinted until I move out of AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online