5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Tint Officially Installed

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Looks great, I have the crystalline 70% on my windshield and as you said you can’t tell and it really reduces cabin temperature. Only thing I don’t like but not that big of a deal is if you wear polarized sunglasses which I do 95% of the time you get a prism effect sometimes but I can live with it.

Thanks! I had a long drive yesterday and didn't notice any prism effects with polarized sunglasses. I wonder if the darker the tint (70% vs 90%) this is more prevalent?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I had a long drive yesterday and didn't notice any prism effects with polarized sunglasses. I wonder if the darker the tint (70% vs 90%) this is more prevalent?
Strange, are you sure your glasses are polarized? It’s like a rainbow effect, white vehicle’s approaching will have a pinkish hue to them is what I notice the most. Again not a huge deal but it is there.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How are you gents that ha e inspection stickers on the front windshield getting around this ?

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Strange, are you sure your glasses are polarized? It’s like a rainbow effect, white vehicle’s approaching will have a pinkish hue to them is what I notice the most. Again not a huge deal but it is there.

I thought they were, but upon further review, maybe not. Ill try my Maui Jim's whenever the sun comes back out (been rainy for 2 days).

sparkygreen

Reaction score
How are you gents that ha e inspection stickers on the front windshield getting around this ?

NC requires inspection but no sticker on the windshield. If your state requires a sticker that gets changed each year, I guess you would need to cut out the tint to leave room for the sticker so it can be carefully removed and re-applied directly to the glass? Check with your tint installer as I have to assume they deal with that issue in a state where stickers are required.

Good luck!

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NC requires inspection but no sticker on the windshield. If your state requires a sticker that gets changed each year, I guess you would need to cut out the tint to leave room for the sticker so it can be carefully removed and re-applied directly to the glass? Check with your tint installer as I have to assume they deal with that issue in a state where stickers are required.

Good luck!
No inspection required in SC.

highgear2005

Reaction score
Here in Pennsylvania, window tinting is a great way to help offset all the red ink on the governments books. Seems like the only the the states good at is issuing fines!

I’m waiting or the state to open window tinting shops in every town. Only to pull you over 1/2 down the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvinsonp

Reaction score
Just got mine done as well, 3M all around, 50% on the windshield and 20% on the front windows to match the factory tint.

Attachments

• Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Truck 3.jpg
    Truck 3.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 73

Chuck19

Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I get with my polarized glasses. A rainbow effect but it isn’t too bad and don’t really notice it anymore!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I get with my polarized glasses. A rainbow effect but it isn’t too bad and don’t really notice it anymore!
I don’t get any rainbow effect with my polarized ray bans and my windshield tint. I think it depends on the manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread