5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Tint match for factory?

rubrduk

Reaction score
I'm going to get my front side windows tinted and I just want to match the rear side windows,

what is the color and percentage, and or brand that you have found to match?

Attachments

• IMG_9579 2.JPG
    IMG_9579 2.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 73

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't know about brand, but I had mine done at 20% and it matches.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

KCViper

Reaction score
IMO, ceramic tint is the way to go. I used Xpel Prime XR Plus and really like it and it gets outstanding reviews. If you care about state laws, check first before installing the tint. In Texas it's 25% so that means the most you can tint is with 30% and still be legal. This is what I did, and it is a little lighter than the factory glass.....which is 20% I believe. To me 30% is not too light and can see out of it at night. GL

sparty569

Reaction score
I am pretty sure factory is 20. I had it all around (minus windshield) when I bought my 2019 1500, and added 15 on top of the 20 in the back. Back is almost limo and the front is 20. I can still be seen, so I think cops dont bother.

rubrduk

Reaction score
IMO, ceramic tint is the way to go. I used Xpel Prime XR Plus and really like it and it gets outstanding reviews. If you care about state laws, check first before installing the tint. In Texas it's 25% so that means the most you can tint is with 30% and still be legal. This is what I did, and it is a little lighter than the factory glass.....which is 20% I believe. To me 30% is not too light and can see out of it at night. GL

I had 20% on my Silverado, and it took some adjustment time for nights,...and definitely rolling down the windows to park

I dislike factory tinted rear side windows, it makes it more difficult to avoid a weird mismatched color

louscrw

Reaction score
Ceramic tint for the win. It makes a big difference. My truck is black on black, so I need all the help I can get during the summer. As others stated, pretty sure the back factory tint is 20%.

I always pick the tint I want in the front, and tell them to match the back. In my case, I always do 7% on the front, usually they put 17% over factory tint in back to match the front. I am fully aware of the state law of 32% on the front doors (here in Ga), but everyone drives trucks here, so it doesn’t really catch the cops’ attention like it would on a sport sedan or something like that.

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Factory rears are 18%, closest you will get is 20%. As others have said: go ceramic blocks much more heat, 20% can take some getting used to at night, might be illegal in your state(many get away with it)

Heres mine at 20% on fronts, no windshield tint. It’s overcast and sunny a very close match.
D03C8C59-EB58-478A-B102-B84F7F56EB4E.jpeg
E506A656-35D1-41E1-8CD1-E21DC603CA06.jpeg

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
20% matches the back. I wanted darker so I put 15% on front doors and it was a hair darker then the back door so my tint guy put 50% on the back doors over the factory tint. Also did 50% on the whole front windshield.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did 15% ceramic all around (minus windshield). The back is obviously darker than the front sides, but the front sides being 15% is dark enough that you don't notice.

rubrduk

Reaction score
Factory rears are 18%, closest you will get is 20%. As others have said: go ceramic blocks much more heat, 20% can take some getting used to at night, might be illegal in your state(many get away with it)

Heres mine at 20% on fronts, no windshield tint. It’s overcast and sunny a very close match.
View attachment 87112
View attachment 87113
I ran 20% on my last truck,...I prefer it to not be that dark, takes a little to get use to it at night, but if it matches 🤷‍♂️

I’ve got nothing hide when pulled over, I just drop all the windows so the officer can see everything and approach safely for both of us, and I put my hands on top the wheel until asked for documentation

I’ve always used verbal cues, “my registration is in my glove box, do you mind it if lean over to get it?”, etc...

I’d rather be the one guy the officer doesn’t have to get stressed over that day, they are just doing their job.

sparty569

Reaction score
I ran 20% on my last truck,...I prefer it to not be that dark, takes a little to get use to it at night, but if it matches 🤷‍♂️

I’ve got nothing hide when pulled over, I just drop all the windows so the officer can see everything and approach safely for both of us, and I put my hands on top the wheel until asked for documentation

I’ve always used verbal cues, “my registration is in my glove box, do you mind it if lean over to get it?”, etc...

I’d rather be the one guy the officer doesn’t have to get stressed over that day, they are just doing their job.
I also have nothing to hide, but I'm not rolling down all of my windows when I get pulled over. No free reign for snooping.

Truck is off, hands on the steering wheel, so they know they dont have to worry about me...I only have to worry about them.

Users who are viewing this thread