5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Tint Install Opinion

udpumpkin

Reaction score
He will replace it. My concern at this point is whether he will be able to install it without any flaws. I don't want to have to give him a half dozen tries to get it right. What is odd is he is the one that installed the tint on my last car several years ago. His business is all five star reviews. Hopefully it was just a bad day!

1621898094845.png

Attachments

• 1621897970680.png
    1621897970680.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 10

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
He will replace it. My concern at this point is whether he will be able to install it without any flaws. I don't want to have to give him a half dozen tries to get it right. What is odd is he is the one that installed the tint on my last car several years ago. His business is all five star reviews. Hopefully it was just a bad day!

View attachment 94493
I'd give him one more try, but that'd be it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I had my windows tinted with ceramic and did not have the marks showing in your photo. You will see some small bubbles on any tint, which will go away in a few days, but not the marks you have. I would take it back and have him redo it and keep your fingers crossed they don't have the rookie intern install it again.

U

User_3336

Thanks. I don't feel a scratch when running my finger over it. When I contacted the installer, he said he noticed the line but thinks it will resolve itself over time so I compromised waiting a week.
He noticed it, but he didn't take the initiative to fix it. An experienced window tinter knows that will not resolve itself. I hope you are going to be persistent in getting them to fix it.

View attachment 94493
I went thru the same thing. I swore by this guy in Nashville I'd travel 20 miles to do my tint. Always perfect, Always flawless. One day he was talking a lot in the shop to others and sure enough, tint at top of window was blubbled and rough where he didn't clean it good. I didn't notice it til I got back to Franklin. I drove back to his shop, he corrected it, but you could tell he was pissed. Bad day I guess, but typically he gets a lot of business tints in nashville as well.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd give him one more try, but that'd be it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
IMO I'd make him keep doing it until it was right.

The loss he takes in product cost and time that he could have been working on another car will be a reminder to take a little extra time to get it right the first time.

udpumpkin

Reaction score
IMO I'd make him keep doing it until it was right.

The loss he takes in product cost and time that he could have been working on another car will be a reminder to take a little extra time to get it right the first time.
Based on the feedback I got here, "right" means no scrape marks or bubbles. If I can see marks on the window from a couple of feet away, that is not acceptable based on everyone's reaction (and my past tint job).

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on the feedback I got here, "right" means no scrape marks or bubbles. If I can see marks on the window from a couple of feet away, that is not acceptable based on everyone's reaction (and my past tint job).
There might be some bubbles initially but they should "disappear" as everything dries and becomes permanent.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 94493
Well, I have to agree with others that I would be a bit ticked off. As I pointed out in an earlier post, the tint jobs I have had done are flawless.

That being said, I am glad you are giving him the chance and not over reacting. Like you said, maybe a bad day. Maybe his wife is leaving him or his mistress is stepping out. Who knows. If he makes it right then good.

I have to say, my first experience with Discount Tire was not good. I had 35s put on and it did not feel balanced right. It is a ways for me to get there so I checked shops closer to balance them but balancing 35s is expensive. I got back down there and they jumped right on it no questions. Then a manager came over to me and asked if it was their shop that did it. Yea, since they are the only one. He just shook his head and apologized. He was a little bent that his guys let that go out.

Bottom line, he fessed up and made it right. Smooth sailing when I left. I have tires and wheels for the Ram on order now because he was honest.

GTLimited

Reaction score

You shouldn't see 'marks' at any distance, to be frank.

And yes - ceramic is quite good a heat rejection. I have 70% Xpel ceramic installed on my SUV and it's cool when the sun's beating down on your arm, yet you don't feel the heat you'd normally associate with that.

Users who are viewing this thread