5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window shades?

jha_

Reaction score
Does anyone have shades they like for passenger door windows? Trying to give my kids some relief from the summer sun. Thought about tinting, but I don’t want to go super dark so I’m not sure it would help much. I’ve used the suction cup type before, but the ones I had weren’t very good.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Llumar AIR tint. Comes in 80 and 90%. Pretty sure my windshield is 80% and I can't tell it's there. The tint is ceramic so the heat difference is incredible.

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just go with a light tint for example I got 70% ceramic on the windshield just for the uv protection and is virtually clear. Makes a big difference keeping the heat out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jha_

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I’ll check it out.

Southside

Reaction score
Does anyone have shades they like for passenger door windows? Trying to give my kids some relief from the summer sun. Thought about tinting, but I don’t want to go super dark so I’m not sure it would help much. I’ve used the suction cup type before, but the ones I had weren’t very good.
Here is a data sheet for the tint i just had installed. like others have stated the 70% is transparent to my eyes. I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

• M956239-Black-Pearl-NC-Consumer-Brochure.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does the ceramic tint on the windshield do a good enough job that a sunshade isn't needed to protect the dash?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the ceramic tint on the windshield do a good enough job that a sunshade isn't needed to protect the dash?
I have had a red hat sitting in the corner of the windshield for almost a year now. My truck never stays in the garage so it's exposed almost every single day. I'll check to see if it's faded at all. The last hat I had sitting there was definitely two toned after sitting in the corner without ceramic tint.

If you're talking about just temps in the truck, it still gets hot when sitting in direct sun, but it's greatly reduced.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a red hat sitting in the corner of the windshield for almost a year now. My truck never stays in the garage so it's exposed almost every single day. I'll check to see if it's faded at all. The last hat I had sitting there was definitely two toned after sitting in the corner without ceramic tint.

If you're talking about just temps in the truck, it still gets hot when sitting in direct sun, but it's greatly reduced.

We're going to be in the camper full time by fall and planning to chase the nice weather, so mostly concerned with protecting the interior.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
and it does not take as long to cool in the inside
Yep, definitely see the benefit there, as well as staying cooler on longer drives. Was mostly wondering if I could skip the sunshade if I went with ceramic tint on the windshield.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Yep, definitely see the benefit there, as well as staying cooler on longer drives. Was mostly wondering if I could skip the sunshade if I went with ceramic tint on the windshield.
I did. I was going to get the shades but the truck cools down so fast i am going to pass.
plus there is less dust inside as all my other vehicles have the shades and are dusty.

Users who are viewing this thread