5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Deflectors

Andregoleafs

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to this site as well as new to the Ram family as of last week. I am looking at installing window deflectors but would love you thoughts on the in-channel kind. I personally feel they look better but can they affect the window motor, window tints, seal etc.

Thanks for any feedback.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the color matched ones from AVS and no, they don't affect the windows at all.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
I have in channel Goodyear brand that I got from Amazon and love them.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to this site as well as new to the Ram family as of last week. I am looking at installing window deflectors but would love you thoughts on the in-channel kind. I personally feel they look better but can they affect the window motor, window tints, seal etc.

Thanks for any feedback.
welcome
here are some posts that mention window deflectors.

we will help you spend your money!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never had any issues when I ran them. Many claim OEM are the best for the RAM. I have a set sitting in the box waiting for install.... eventually.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the OEM ones.
No problems with them, but I just have factory tint on my windows.
Shouldn't have any motor problems as it leans the new closed height.

You do have a lot more road noise. Same kind of noise when I turn recirc on since the recirc button doesn't work properly on my truck from the factory and causes insane road noise from the front passenger side in the dash.

If I didn't have the noise with recirc I might of not of preferred the in-channel ones.

smashweights

Reaction score
Mopar in channels, they've been great. Mostly use them to crack the windows when it's blazing out and it works like a dream. No issues with the entire or my tint

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I had PUTCO in channel on my 2014. They were opaque plastichrome, looked great and fitted great. Couldnt see through them though and that enlarged the pillar blind spot by about 2". It was significant, and got me in trouble a few times !

69Sting

Reaction score
in channel Weather Tech for all 4 doors. Love them, no additional road noise and no issues with the window operating. They front lower corner by the mirror will look like it hits but it clears by a few mm's. Easy to install.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
On the comment above, these certainly do mess with the A pillar visibility a good bit! I did not think of that before installing. Takes some getting used to for sure

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the comment above, these certainly do mess with the A pillar visibility a good bit! I did not think of that before installing. Takes some getting used to for sure
I was wondering about that, because my Grand Cherokee they did for sure. I haven't installed the RAM set yet. Hopefully not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread