5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window deflectors besides AVS

Zemlyak

Reaction score
Hi, just lost my front AVS window diflector while driving on highway and open driver side window. This crap doesn't stick well and I need something better for in channel setup. Weathertech? Anything else? Thanks!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have had them on my past vehicles.
with the ceramic coating it does not get hot enough to warrant them anymore.

I know this does not answer your question
just giving info

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Ive had Weathertech and Mopar. Weathertech made it through 2 tucks(roughly 4yrs) before I had one come out. Mopar has a clip/retainer that goes up in the seal and then attaches to the deflector to secure it. The set I had on my 2020, I never used the clip, just used the tape and they held well.......so well that I had to buy a new set for my 2022. The 2022 MOPAR Deflectors have a different clip then the 2020 set did. Either way, Weathertech and Mopar are good options. I believe Mopars would be more secure if fully installed correctly.

Zemlyak

Reaction score
I got Weathertech finally and made in Germany made my decision. Works well so far, slim profile and holding wind well when front window is open. Thanks everyone and stay away of China made crap if you can!

zlman

Reaction score
I had AVS, they have a clip that is supposed to retain them, vents would manage to slip past and slide out.
Then I bought Weathertech, on install, a small tab broke off of the rear facing vent. Made install easier but now a yr later they are loose in the channel.
Might try the Mopar ones next or just go 3M stick ons.

CharlieP

Reaction score
My Mopars are three years old now and I have never had an issue with them on my 19 Laramie

DeanM2

Reaction score
I have never had window deflectors on any vehicle. I generally prefer to crack the windows to get some fresh air rather than run the AC.
Just got a new 2023 Long Horn, and the noise and buffeting when I crack a window is horrendous. Do window deflectors reduce the noise and buffeting when a window is just open an inch or so?

Last edited:

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never had window deflectors on any vehicle. I generally prefer to crack the windows to get some fresh air rather than run the AC.
Just got a new 2023 Long Horn, and the noise and buffeting when I crack a window is horrendous. Do window deflectors reduce the noise and buffeting when a window is just open an inch or so?
No, they don't make it significantly more quiet than without them, maybe not even at all.

Users who are viewing this thread