5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window deflecter

kittyjo

Reaction score
Looking to finally get some window deflecters and need some help with choosing in channel type or the other..? Which brand do u prefer? Avs, mopar etc thanks in advance

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
I just installed MOPAR. Just be careful installing scrivets on the rear deflectors. The deflectors do not effect the window functions. Installed in about 10 min. Under $80 from ebay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've used several brands on various vehicles and they're all pretty much the same thing, so brand doesn't really matter. As for in-channel or "the other", I prefer the other. I've had in-channel but didn't care for it. Admittedly they do provide a nice clean look but I didn't like that they made the window a little tighter when it closed. Also if they start to unstick over time and pop into the channel at all your window may hit them and "refuse" to close.
I had this happen, and the auto up wouldn't work once it engaged the seal (I suspect it was sensing too much pressure). After a few months it got to where I couldn't always manually hold the close button to completely close it without using a pen (it was convenient, thin, rigid) to push the shade outward away from the window.
With the original style you don't have any of those issues. To be fair a lot of people use in-channel without issues for a long time. So maybe you just have to be very meticulous with the install or you'll pay the price later. Personally I'll stick with the original design that sticks on the outside.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve got the mopar in channel deflectors and have had no issues other than somehow getting a stone chip on one of them.

Choppa

Reaction score
I have the AVS in-channel. They are nice but I don't like how the rears are bent towards the glass in the middle. Makes them look warped.

20210430_161722.jpg

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
Mopar.
1fde5676f9ceb4e5dfca2476865b5e49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NoMoFoMoCo

Reaction score
I did the "EGR" (not AVS) in-channel deflectors. I recommend using "smoke" instead of "black." I initially installed the black ones and lost a huge area of vision. The A pillar plus the deflector blocked almost 8 inches of perspective view for me.

Last edited:

Hjnacht

Reaction score
I did the AVS in-channel deflectors. I recommend using "smoke" instead of "black." I initially installed the black ones and lost a huge area of vision. The A pillar plus the deflector blocked almost 8 inches of perspective view for me.

Hjnacht

Reaction score
Had dealer install Mopar vents on my 2020 limited w/black appearance package today. They used part 82215478. Don’t know if this is a new number or just specific for my truck. Pricey but wanted them responsible incase of problems. I immediately noticed the partiality blocked view but Hope I compensate and get used to it. Driver side more noticeable than passenger side. Looks good otherwise.

morwyne

Reaction score
Have the AVS in-channel deflectors on another car, and have no issues so far. Bought them from 4wheelonline, and I'm planning to buy another set for my truck.

Last edited:

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have the AVS in-channel deflectors on another car, and have no issues so far. Bought them from 4wheelonline, and I'm planning to buy another set for my truck.
FYI. My AVS in-channel on my RAM are all warped after 3 weeks of install. I had them on my Pathfinder for 9 years without any issues. But the ones I got for my RAM are all warped.

Rlandon

Reaction score
Mopar in-channel. Molded for the fold-in mirrors and covers more area than the others. No bow in factor on the rear windows. They came with the truck.

Waynebudke

Reaction score
I've used several brands on various vehicles and they're all pretty much the same thing, so brand doesn't really matter. As for in-channel or "the other", I prefer the other. I've had in-channel but didn't care for it. Admittedly they do provide a nice clean look but I didn't like that they made the window a little tighter when it closed. Also if they start to unstick over time and pop into the channel at all your window may hit them and "refuse" to close.
I had this happen, and the auto up wouldn't work once it engaged the seal (I suspect it was sensing too much pressure). After a few months it got to where I couldn't always manually hold the close button to completely close it without using a pen (it was convenient, thin, rigid) to push the shade outward away from the window.
With the original style you don't have any of those issues. To be fair a lot of people use in-channel without issues for a long time. So maybe you just have to be very meticulous with the install or you'll pay the price later. Personally I'll stick with the original design that sticks on the outside.
I learned after my first set of in channel visors, test fit them first. if they even seem a little bit snug during dry fitment, use a grinder or sand paper to take a little off of the ends or edges til they fit perfect. Then install as directed by manufacturer and you should not have any problems. Replacement tape is available at almost any auto parts store or amazon, if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online