5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window cleaning between cap and cab

Nightowl

Reaction score
I just had a cap put on my Ram, any suggestions on how to clean the windows in between the cap and the cab?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think some of the pricey high end caps have a tilt-in front window to let you do that if you crawl up inside, but the fact you are asking the question suggests that you don't have one of those. Me either. It's always been a problem on my old Dakota, and one of the reasons I didn't get a cap on the new 1500. I got one of the window squeegie things, thinking it might fit in there, but it didn't. Which is sort of okay since I needed it for front and side windows anyway. But reach in with bottle brush, rag on a stick, etc. Opening the back window helps for some of it. Power washer if you're careful with it.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Every truck I've owned had /has a Leer cap with a front tilt & removable front window.
I can't remember the last time I used that feature to clean the cab rear window as it just doesn't get that dirty.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't permatex your rear window, CHMSL, or shark fin, you might be able to divert enough rainwater to the inside of the cab and you only have to deal with the inside of the rear window. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread