5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window and windshield tint

i_squared_r

Reaction score
The RAM has 20's all around, nothing on the windshield. It's in NY so I won't pass NY inspection next August.. So I have to figure that out. Worst case, i'll remove them and have it done again.
The BMW in Colombia, they don't care. So I think I have 5's all around and 50 or 70 on the windshield. It takes some getting used to the windshield being tinted. Definitely I feel like I can see in 20/20 when I'm driving the RAM without tint lol

IMG_3708.jpg IMG_4053.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
5% rear doors, rear window, and sunroof. 20% front doors, 35% windshield

Attachments

• PXL_20230907_231546845.jpg
    PXL_20230907_231546845.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 22

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Got a pic of the tinted sunroof? Selfishly I want it, but not sure how I feel about it because I want the sky and greenery to be visible for my son in his car seat...
Do you have 5% on any of your windows? just look out of that, thats what itll look like.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Nope. I don't
so coming from someone who has limo all around including my entire windshield (tint is always my favorite add on for cars/trucks and id done Mutiple different percentages. From AZ so its a must).... i wouldnt do 5% on your sunroof b.c if im not mistaken the glass is already dyed (you would know). so putting 5% would make it even darker. that said if i were you id slap maybe 50% over it, maybe even 33% but i wouldnt go lower than that brother.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so coming from someone who has limo all around including my entire windshield (tint is always my favorite add on for cars/trucks and id done Mutiple different percentages. From AZ so its a must).... i wouldnt do 5% on your sunroof b.c if im not mistaken the glass is already dyed (you would know). so putting 5% would make it even darker. that said if i were you id slap maybe 50% over it, maybe even 33% but i wouldnt go lower than that brother.
When I say 5%, I mean that is how dark the windows are. Not the film on the window. You put 20% film on the factory tinted glass and it gets you real close to 5%.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
When I say 5%, I mean that is how dark the windows are. Not the film on the window. You put 20% film on the factory tinted glass and it gets you real close to 5%.
Huh? well for one i didnt quote you, reply to you, or @ you here. Two, i knew what you ment and thats exactly what i was referring to as well. i know how tinted windows work bud. Must of missed this one.... 👇

i wouldnt do 5% on your sunroof b.c if im not mistaken the glass is already dyed

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Huh? well for one i didnt quote you, reply to you, or @ you here. Two, i knew what you ment and thats exactly what i was referring to as well. i know how tinted windows work bud. Must of missed this one.... 👇
The person you did reply to was asking me about my tint levels. I was clarifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/