5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind noise.

Tom peluso

Reaction score
A lot of discussion on wind noise and the seal between box and cab. I have the lower horizontal seal on my 2019 Laramie . I have so much inside cab pressure that it forces doors out causing wind noise. I had dealer take out back seat and ride back there and at 65-70 mph the rear cab vents closed causing extreme in cab pressure in turn causing wind noise as doors are forced out. Dealer did nothing about it, I have had it in 4 times. Disgusted to a point where I’m looking at a new Silverado. Pay that much for a vehicle and no help from Dodge. Mine was an early build that had the horizontal cab to box seal. ?? Why did they stop putting in this seal in later builds. They know there was an issue with cab pressure is my guess. Remove this seal and you have more road noise. Thanks for letting me vent.

DJjeffy

Reaction score
I have what sounds like the same Issue. when I get up to 65-80mph it sounds like my rear doors are not closed. My 2012 Ram was not like that.

Firebird

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your truck. Mine is a late build date, and the interior has virtually zero wind noise

Bigtone

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your truck. Mine is a late build date, and the interior has virtually zero wind noise
Mine is also a recent build, this past February. I have some noise with the seat up, but with it down it is fairly quiet. No lower cab seal.

Users who are viewing this thread